Chapter 5 - A Night Without The Moon And Stars

"Caddie, Let's get out of here." he said as he pulled me out of my seat.

A lot of people were still dancing on the dance floor but I'm sure that both of us wanted to go anywhere else besides this place. Maybe I expected too much, I mean, this was our last dance after all. Blaise was with her boyfriend Seth, and Jase was flying solo, claiming that he didn't have the nerve to go ask out 'the girl that he liked'. I didn't want to pry on his business so I just brushed off the matter at hand. knowing that he'll one day tell us.

Just as I was about to excuse myself along with Xavier to get some fresh air, Blaise came, giggling as Seth hugged her from behind.

"Jase, what are you doing there, all alone?" she asked Jase, teasing.

"Don't tell me that you're still moping around for the fact that you were too coward to ask 'the girl that you liked' out. Now, you don't have a date and it's all because you were too slow. Boohoo." she added as she laughed out loud, teasing her brother.

"Come on, Blaise. Don't be like that to your brother." Seth said, always the good guy.

"Aww..I'm sorry, Jase. You know that I still love you right? Even if you're a coward." She said with a wink, making us all laugh.

"Haha. Very funny, sis. Don't worry, it's hereditary. When the time comes that our parents aren't too coward anymore to admit that you're adopted, I'll be here for you." he said as he bent down and planted a sloppy kiss on his sister's cheek.

"Ewww!!! Jaaasoon!! That's why you don't have a girlfriend. And FYI, if I was adopted, then you were too. Forgot the fact that we were twins, brother? " she said as she stuck her tongue out like a child.

"Very mature, Blaise."

"Very mature, Jase." Blaise mimicked. Jase just sighed at his older sister's immaturity and said

"I wonder hoe Seth deals with you. I mean, I've been with you my entire life so I know what it's like. It's really a mystery how you guys lasted a year." Blaise gasped and hit her brother in the head.

"Take that back."

"No."

"TAKE THAT BACK!!"

"Neve-"

"Guys, stop!!" I said as I pushed them away from each other.

"Xavier and I would like to get out and get some fresh air. Maybe you guys should too." I said as I pulled Xavier away from this mess. The dance floor was not an option because it was too crowded and Xavier would growl every time a male would accidentally bump me. The music was too loud for us to hear each other, so we couldn't make any private conversations without being heard. It was too tiring shouting at each other so we eventually gave up.

The dance was being held in the school's gum so I took him to the school's playground and sat on the swing. The playground was abandoned at the moment since it's almost midnight. I looked up at the sky and was disappointed when I didn't see the moon and stars. It always calmed me, gazing at the beauty of the night. The way that it makes you feel so small and makes the world seem like an even bigger place. It calms me the way it makes me feel like we were the only people in the world right at the moment and whenever we talked about our problems, the sky reminds us that there are things bigger than our problems. That the dark clouds that cover up the sky would eventually go away and would soon reveal the beauty of life..

But tonight, I won't be able to see the beauty of the world. Instead, I have this man right here, standing right in front of me. I wasn't disappointed anymore. This man right here, was able to replace the whole world around me and made it even better.