Chapter 3 - His Human Form

Present

No.

"Xavier, please. I wanna see what you look like in human form." I said as I pouted trying to make him agree with me.

Not until you're 18.

"I'm already 18 tomorrow. Why not show me now?" I whined.

Just be patient. I want to show you my true form when you come of age.

"Haven't I waited enough? Seven years, Xavier. Seven freakin' years!"

Just one more day. Please, mate? For me?

I sighed and agreed eventually.

I can't resist him whenever he calls me that. He once told me that mates were like soul mates. Fated to meet each other and be together forever. He's been by my side ever since my dad died so I guessed that that's what it meant. Be with each other no matter what.. My Aunt Marge took me in and acted as my parent. She remained single despite the many attempts of the guys pursuing her. Guys as in plural.

Xavier has been like my best friend ever since I learned to accept that he was a werewolf and told me about his life. He said that he was the Alpha of the Silver Crescent Pack and when I asked him, he said that he had black hair and blue eyes. His full name was Ky Xavier Samuels. We knew everything about each other but I still don't know what he actually looks like except that he had jet black fur and piercing dark blue eyes except at times, his eyes would turn gold. Especially when I mention boys. I know that he's like my best friend but sometimes, he acts all possessive of me like a boyfriend.

Whenever guys would ask me out, I would always decline. Not just because I would think about Xavier's golden eyes when he's angry but also because no one has ever made me feel something more than just a friend.

I didn't even go to the junior prom and refused all the invitations that I received. One even surprised me by preparing a whole bunch of roses in the hallway with a sign that says "Will you be my prom date?" and I had to reject him in front of the whole school and that guy was the school's MVP and Team Captain of the football team.

Looking back, I guess I can say that I was quite popular in school.

The day of the prom, Aunt was asked out on a date so she went out. I was stuck at home, watching TV with Ky because he insisted. He even promised that in return, he won't go to his either.

I also asked him about where he studies and (of course) asked him why he won't let me see his human form but he wouldn't budge. He just said that we don't study in the same school and

'Wait, my love. You'll see me soon enough.

"Is it because you're not nice-looking in human form? Come on. I would still accept you even if you look hideous. I'm just curious on what my best friend looks like."

Ouch. Best friend? Baby, I think of us way more than just as best friends. You're my mate. And trust me, that's not the case. I'm quite handsome if I must say. Just wait till you see my face.

I blushed. More than best friends? I didn't know what to say. I mean, we've been best friends for like, forever . But I have to admit that I do feel something for him. I just don't know what to do with it. I mean, he's a wolf, for god's sake. How could I fall in love with an animal? Maybe because of the fact that he talks?

I sighed and just dismissed the thought.

Tomorrow is my 18th birthday and also happens to be my senior prom. He said that he would be my escort on that day. I wonder what he looks like. I've always tried picturing Ky as a human but I can't. I don't know how I'll react to his human form when I see him. I just wish that it won't be awkward because I don't want to lose my best friend.