Chapter 4 - At Arm's Reach

"I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean t-to...I.." I stuttered as I pushed him away and brought my hands up to cover my face in embarrassment.

He laughed at my reaction, and he tried to pry my hands off of my face.

"X-Xavier, w-what are you doing?" I asked as he successfully took my hands into his.

"Don't be embarrassed. It's not like you're planning on raping me or anything. Unless you..." He laughed at me as I yanked my hands away from his and blushed so hard that I think that I'm beet-red right at the moment. Even in the dark, I knew that he could still see my face clearly, thanks to enhanced werewolf senses.

"I-I'm just k-kidding. Hahaha.. Y-You actually believed that I was afraid that y-you would rape me? Hahaha.. Your f-face was so...Hahaha!!!"

If It was even possible, I think that I'm even redder at the moment.

How is it that he can make me feel this way? How is it that he can make me feel anything at all, while no one has ever had? Was it because we were mates? Was it because we were made for each other?

I sighed, and told him that I'm gonna get some of my father's clothes for him to wear though I doubt that anything would fit him because of his size. He was 6'4 at least, and seems like he works out, judging by his body...

I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I shouldn't think of such things. I'll just get dad's lose clothes for him to wear.

I stopped as I felt his presence hovering over me and shivers went down my back as he whispered my name and held me back by grabbing my waist. He buried his head into my neck, and I felt his lips graze my skin.

"No need for that. I need to take my leave. You should probably sleep now, and get some rest. You still have a long day tomorrow. I'll be at your doorstep waiting to escort you. Goodnight, Alexandria." He said as he kissed my cheek. I closed my eyes, savoring the moment, and then when I opened them, he was gone.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

As soon as I opened the door, I came face to face with a very handsome, muscular guy in a tux. In his delicate fingers was a rose which he reached out for me to receive. I observed his appearance, and can't help but feel slightly different towards him. I knew that it was still Xavier inside as soon as I looked into his eyes-

They say that the first step in making a bond with someone or should we say, a "connection" , was eye contact.

The moment that our gazes met, and his piercing dark blue eyes stared into my soul, I felt the "connection".

It felt like we've been searching for each other for so long-that we've lost all hope then suddenly, we were at arm's reach. I can't help but feel overwhelmed with these feelings, I thought as I reached out and took the flower from his hand, and I slightly shivered as our fingers brushed against each other.

"Thanks, Xavier." I said as I smiled at him appreciatively- never breaking eye contact, and blushed.

"It's my pleasure. And, do you by chance, know how gorgeously stunning you are right now? I may not be able to control my wolf if you keep this up."

"You don't look so bad yourself. Females would be swooning over you but, I can't blame you. I mean, you can't help being born into perfection, right?" I grinned as I teased him, remembering a quote from The Selection by Kiera Cass.

"You're right. One cannot help being born into perfection, Alex." I gasped as he quoted from the very book I was thinking about.

"You read cheezy romance novels?" I asked in disbelief, and added "You, the Alpha of the Silver Crescent Pack, reads The Selection?"

"What are you talking about? What gave you the impression that I would read cheezy romance novels?" he asked confusedly

"What gave me the impression was you, quoting from a cheezy romance novel that I happen to love." I replied as I laughed.

"You like cheezy romance novels? Why would you fantasize about nonexistent, fictional characters when you can have your own story with me?"

"NONEXISTENT? FICTIONAL? IT HURTS ENOUGH THAT I KNOW THEY AREN'T REAL PEOPLE. WHY RUB IT IN? WHY RUIN IT FOR ME? IT'S LIKE WHEN A KID LOSES IT'S PARENTS AND THEN YOU WALK RIGHT IN, AND TELL THE KID THAT THOSE WEREN'T REALLY HIS PARENTS THAT ARE BURIED 6 FT UNDERGROUND, AND TELL HIM THAT YOU'RE SORRY THEY DIDN'T TELL HIM THAT HE WAS ADOPTED LIKE A PLOT TWIST. DAMN YOU CRUE-"

"Calm down, Alex. They're just boo-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence."
I said in a low voice, and put as much venom in it that I can.

"Damn, Alex. Are 'Nonexsistent' and 'fictional' the only words that you heard in my sentence?"

"No." I said and added "I think I also heard ' I'm a douche' and... 'bullshit'?" he sighed, and said "I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were so touchy with your books. I was just trying to be sweet."

"Awww..I'm so sorry too but the next time you do that again, I'm leaving you with Voldemort for him to make you one of his horcruxes just like that professor- imagine having a face on the back of your head and having to have to wear a turban all the time just to cover it from prying eyes."

"Umm...Okay?" he said, confused but deciding on not pressing on the matter at hand. I watched as he stiffened and straightened his coat.

"What's wro-" I started to ask but he cut me off by mindlinking me. Again, I was overwhelmed as his voice fills my mind, making my heart skip a beat.

Your aunt's approaching.

"Alexandria, who do we have here?" My aunt asked as I stammered, not knowing what to say.

"Uhmm...H-he's..He's..Ahh.."

"Good Evening, Ma'am. I'm Ky Xavier Samuels, your niece's escort for the night." he said as he brought my aunt's hands to his lips, and kissed the back of her hand ever so gently. To say that my aunt was surprised was an understatement. She even blushed for God's sake!!

"Oh, uhmm..Not to be too forward, but I need to satisfy my curiosity. Are you perhaps, my niece's boyfriend?" I stared at her in shock as soon as those words left her mouth. For god's sake, why in the world would she ask a guy that she just met at the doorstep such things? 

"I mean, you are after all, the only guy that she had ever brought home besides that boy Jason Matthews." she added. Now, I want to face-palm myself so bad. Why, would Aunt.Marge have to mention that to Ky?

"Jason Matthews?" Xavier asked as his eyes went visibly darker, and slowly turning gold. He clenched his fists, obviously angry at the thought of a guy being near me. I take his hand into mine, stroking the back of his hand using my thumb to calm him down. My aunt didn't notice his eyes, for she was too preoccupied with eyeing our interlinked hands.

"Jase is only my best friend, He's Blaise's younger brother. He drives her here sometimes. He's practically like my non-blood-related brother." I whispered to his ear as he slowly relaxed his tense body and calmed down his wolf. My aunt was still eyeing us, visibly amused with our intimacy. That made me let go of Ky's hand but he wouldn't let go. Instead, he gripped my hand tighter, leaving my hand no chance of escape, and successfully making me blush.

"So, are you? My niece's boyfriend, I mean." my aunt asked again.

"He's not yet my boyfriend, Aunt.Marge. Now, if you're done interrogating Xavier, we'll have to leave. We're going to be late for the dance." I replied, but my aunt was persistent on knowing Xavier that she asked again. There was a glint in her eyes when she heard the word 'yet'.

"If you're not Alexandria's boyfriend then, are you perhaps, courting my niece?"

"Yes, ma'am. I am indeed, courting your niece." he replied as he gave my aunt a heart-warming smile. My aunt smiled back at him, shoving that she approved. What she said next made me look back and hug her tight.

"Don't break my daughter's heart, Xavier."

She called me her daughter...

____________________