Fourteen

Arya Madison Kelly;

"Kalós ílthate kyría spíti Arya"

[Welcome home Lady Arya]

I closed my eyes as I remember the face of the man I left in the Philippines. He's sleeping peacefully on the bed, without knowing that he will not see me again.

"Where is Papa?"

"In his bedroom, resting. My lady," sagot ng isa sa mga servers.

Binitawan ko ang mga gamit para tumakbo papuntang kwarto ni papa sa ikatatlong palapag ng kastilyo. It's an old fashioned mansion so most of the people are calling it 'The lady's Castle' which they are preferring to me.

It's been years since I left Greece for a mission in the Philippines. Well the mission in the Mejia didn't turn out well so the other member of the organization fixed it for me. Di ko alam kung sino.

Mejia died together with all of his assets and properties. They're gone. Imagine me rolling my eyes. Lol.

As I reached the big wooden door of his room, seeing my father laying there and looking so weak, made my heart ache. Ang daming nakakabit sa kaniya. Habang papalapit ay unti-unting nanghihina ang loob ko.

No! I need to remain strong. He don't want to see me like this.

"Papa" I called him and sat beside him.

"Hija? Is that you my baby?"

"Yes, I'm here now. I won't leave you anymore" I held his hand tightly as he slowly rubbing my hands using his thumb.

"I m-miss you, hija"

"What happen? Why did you end up like this?"

"My heart. I think it's slowly given up on me. I wanna see you before I leave. That's why I'm always calling for you to come home"

"No.. No.. you're not leaving me! Right? You're not leaving me. Yeah, you're not leaving-" I'm trying to convince myself...

I don't want to be alone...

"You know Arya that I won't stay any longer right?"

"Papa..." he held my hand even tighter. Di ko na napigilan ang pagtulo ng ilang butil ng luha mula sa mga mata ko.

"Let's spend the remaining days of my stay here... together. I need you to introduce yourself to everyone. They need to meet their Duchess now."

I nodded as a response, even if being a Duchess here in Greece is not I really wanted. Kailangan kong tuparin ang kagustuhan niya na ako na ang susunod na mamumuno bilang Duchess. Wala naman akong ibang kapatid na lalaki o babae na pwedeng pumalit sa kaniya. Nag-iisang anak lang ako.

He smiled at me weakly. "Very good, sige na pagpapahinga na ako."

Lihim akong napangiti dahil hangang ngayon pinipilit niya parin magsalita ng Tagalog. Kahit pure Greek siya.

Iniwan ko muna si papa at lumabas sa kaniyang kwarto. Nagsipasok naman ang mga doktor na nag-aalaga sa kaniya. The maid then lead me to my old room.

They also bowed at me when they walk passed me. Some were shocked, not expecting me to come home.

The mansion still looks the same. From the fabric they used, furnitures and chandeliers. They were all the same when I left.

As I roam around the hallway, I walked passed to our portrait on the wall. They were painted by the best painter here in Greece. It's just the two of us on it. We are both smiling there. I'm still thankful that Dad saved me from his wicked wife.