10

— chapter ten: everything but nothing —

"everything huh?" donghyuck asked and broke out in laughter. mark, who hadn't heard the boy laugh properly yet, instantly fell in love with the man's giggles and his cute little nose scrunches. he cooed as the omega rubbed his nose and calmed himself again to look at the older.

he took another sip of his drink before leaning forward a bit so he wouldn't have to yell over the noise of the crowd. mark's pulse fastened as donghyuck's face was now very close to his own. he grabbed the cold surface of the counter, cooling himself.

"i'm not going to tell you everything." donghyuck stated and mark grumbled but the omega interrupted him "however i do think it would be only fair of me to tell you at least a little bit."

mark cheered, making the younger grin once again. seeing donghyuck so happy instantly gave mark another serotonin boost which honestly he hadn't had one for weeks. he felt like his whole tenseness and anger got soothed away by the boy in front of him.

"the first time you saw me, i was with my best friend jungwoo. i'm sure you remember. it was on the toilet." donghyuck started speaking. mark nodded, thinking back of when he first got a scent and the back view of the omega. and how the tall beta, jungwoo hid the smaller omega behind him.

"well, we had kind of made out back then." donghyuck continued but mark instantly stopped him by slamming his hand on the counter. "he dared to lay a finger on you?" he growled.

"whoa there! he had my consent. he is not only my best friend but also my friend with benefits. he helps me out during my heats." the omega noted, obviously surprised by mark's intense reaction.

"then how come you had to come to me during your last heat? and why did he leave you in the bathroom that one time i found you crying in there." mark asked angrily.

"something happened and we had to stay away from each other for a while. i was pretty upset but everything is okay now." donghyuck mumbled and gave mark a smile. it somehow didn't sound as convincing as mark would like it to so he asked "are you sure?"

the boy nodded in response and drowned the rest of his drink. mark's eyes widened as he realized that donghyuck was an omega and they weren't very good at handling alcohol.

"so it's all good now?" the alpha asked again, still not entirely convinced by the omega's story. but the latter only nodded once again. mark was sensing that donghyuck did not want to tell him more so (much to his own surprise) he dropped the topic and instead pointed at donghyuck's empty glass.

"you finished that quickly." he commented. donghyuck grinned and scratched his head. as he raised his arm mark could see something on his neck but the moment was over too fast so he couldn't really take a good look at the darker spot. he just hoped it wasn't a bruise.

"you know what, get me another one." donghyuck requested. mark nodded and did how he was ordered to. he served another few customers before turning back to donghyuck. the latter had already emptied his glass again, now being visibly tipsy. his eyes were slightly hooded and his words slurred as he spoke to mark.

"wanna know something?" he asked mark.

"sure." the alpha nodded and sneakily removed donghyuck's glass from the counter. the boy had enough drinks for tonight.

"jungwoo, when i kissed him it felt kind of boring, weird almost. but when i kissed you it felt like the best thing ever." donghyuck mumbled and erupted in laughter after. mark frowned, not knowing what was so funny about that. then again he took into consideration that donghyuck was tipsy if not drunk so maybe that explained it.