Chapter 14: Geryon's Demise

THIRD-PERSON POV

Alastair woke up with the sound of birds chirping. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling of his poster bed. The sunlight was slipping through the curtains into his room full of papers and books. It was just an ordinary day yet again.

He sighed and placed his arm on his forehead. His long dark hair sinking against the pillows. He was alone again, in this world. He was looking for other ways to cure his curse but it gets harder and harder each day. 

He heard a mild snore and his gaze fell to his side. He then saw the young girl that was supposed to be his ticket to salvation, sleeping next to his bed holding a white towel.

Biglang naalala ni Alastair ang nangyari kagabi at napatingin sa kanyang mga braso at dibdib. His chest was exposed as he was wearing a white tunic. His wounds are healing well.

Did she stay to watch me all night? he thought. He looked at her with emotionless eyes, he never knew what emotions were. Only rage. He was alone most of his life, he did not understand what it is like to care for another person.

His expressions changed into a darker one. Inabot niya ang kanyang kamay papunta sa buhok ni Adelina.

Keegan

I should have killed you the moment I saw you

I want to kill you

I want you to disappear like everyone else in your house. I want to eliminate every single one of you. But then if I do, I am no different from you.

"Alastair?" 

Nabalik siya sa realidad nang mapansin na gising na pala si Adelina. Kinusot nito ang kanyang mata at pinagmasdan siya. 

tch

He hated looking at those bright red eyes of hers. Tinanggal niya ang kanyang kamay at lumingon sa bintana.

"Leave me." he said coldly. Hindi maintindihan ni Adelina ang nangyari dahil kagigising lang niya but it was clear to her that Alastair did not want her there.

She worriedly looked at him pero napansin niya agad na gumaling na ang mga sugat nito. She silently gathered her dress and walked outside of the room.

ADELINA KEEGAN

Tahimik akong naglakad papunta sa kwarto ko nang makasalubong ko si Aster. 

"Ayos na ba siya?" tanong niya sa akin. Tumango ako.

"His wounds healed faster than I expected" sabi ko sa kanya "but for now, I think he wants to be alone"

Tumango si Aster at tumingin sa akin. It looked like he wanted to ask something but hesitated. 

"Si Marcus kumusta na?" tanong ko sa kanya. He looked like he was snapped into reality.

"Natutulog pa rin but there are no other signs of danger." sagot niya. Tumango ako.

"Punta lang ako sa kwarto, medyo inaantok pa ako" sabi ko sa kanya. Umiling naman siya agad.

Pagkapasok ko sa kwarto ay agad akong humiga sa kama. Pagkagising ko nakita ko agad si Alastair na tila inaabot ako. His eyes were angry and he was gritting his teeth and clenching his jaw.

Was he angry that I slept there? in the first place, ano ba ang nangyari sa kanya kagabi? Why did it look like he went to war?

Other than that, he looked so majestic when he was sleeping. He was like a prince with defined features. He even looked prettier than me in his long hair.