Chapter 14

"Who are you describing father?" Tezuka asked curiously. He had a hunch as to who it would be, but he needed confirmation.

"That girl you were teaching tennis to. What was her name again?" his father explained. He placed a finger at his chin, his mind rushing to remember the name...

"Yoshika Yukimura?" Tezuka guessed. A look of recognition crossed his father's face as he then shook his finger at his son.

"Yes! Yoshika Yukimura! What were you doing out so late and what is she to you?" his father asked. He knew that his son was never the type to talk with girls and was most definitely obsessed with tennis.

Tezuka blushed a bit before clearing his throat and responding with, "W-Well...S-she is someone special to me. I want to have her in my life forever, but I don't believe that she'd accept." His mother looked at him with a small grin.

"You love her," She simply stated. Tezuka's eyes widened in surprised as he turned to face his mother...

"W-What!" Tezuka exclaimed.

"You are in love with Yoshika~san," his mom repeated.

'A-am I?' he thought wistfully. Tezuka looked at his parents who had a slight grin upon their youthful faces. He turned to look at his idol, his grandfather, who was sipping on a cup of coffee.

Noticing his grandson's curious glance, he placed his cup down onto the table before turning to face the curious soul...

"Love will shine through when it counts. She will show her true feelings when the time is right..." was all he'd said before going back to his previous tasks.

Tezuka heaved a sigh before he placed his dish in the sink, leaving to go to his room. After showering and changing into his pajamas, he flopped onto his bed, his eyes staring up at his blank ceiling...

'Do I really like Yoshika as more than a friend?'

The Next Day...

Yoshika had gotten up early enough to get ready and see Tezuka off to Germany. She knew that the others wanted to do the same, but she couldn't tell who would actually make it. She knew that a few of the regulars were ones to sleep in, but she wondered if they would decided to wake up early enough for this special occasion.

After Yoshika had changed and done her morning routine, she set out to the airport, hailing a taxi to make the journey a little quicker. When she got there, she spotted Tezuka, Fuji, Oishi, Kaido, and a few others. She was surprised that Ryoma was one of the few that came to see Tezuka off. She saw Tezuka's parents, grandfather, and sister all present. She took a deep breath before walking over to the group.

Yoshika smiled and slightly bowed to Tezuka parents and grandfather before hugging Tezuka. She whispered something into his ear before he nodded and said his goodbyes to the others. He took one last glance at Yoshika before he left to Germany...

'I won't let you down Kunimitsu...'