The Original Family|| 8

Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie spent half of the day in the room binge watching the Secret Life of the American teenager and eating their snacks. Once they reached season 3, they paused the show.

"I still can't believe she's pregnant," Elena put her candy wrapper in the bag that was holding the candy when they brought it in.

"I know, but I kinda had a feeling. I mean it seems that whenever someone has sex on this show they're pregnant a few episodes later." Caroline grabbed her new bottle of blood. Klaus had been kind enough to bring her and Elena a few more bottles considering they hadn't left the room for like 12 hours.

"I'm kinda surprised she hasn't gotten pregnant by Ricky. They have sex almost every episode when they are together." Bonnie stood up and stretched her muscles. Her bones cracking in all the right places.

A knock interrupted their conversation about the show. Bonnie walked over to the door opening it to reveal Rebekah. "Sorry to interrupt your..." Rebekah looked to the tv. "Your binge watching, but dinner will be ready in five minutes."

"Who's cooking tonight?" Elena asked.

"Nik," A look of distaste covered Rebekah face for a moment. "I just hope he don't try and poison us."

"His cooking is not that bad." Caroline sighed.

"Whatever you say Care. I'll see you girls downstairs." Rebekah shut the door and walked away.

"Okay, five minutes to talk about what happened this morning." Caroline sat up straighter, as Bonnie sat back down next to Elena.

"What about it? I was just tired." Elena picked at a thread on her blanket.

"Tired my ass." Caroline saw the sadden expression on Elena's face. "It's about Elijah, right?" Caroline relaxed next to Elena.

"It's stupid." Elena scoffed. "I was stupid to think Elijah would actually like me. He's only been nice to try and help me get stronger as a vampire. He wasn't doing it as if he liked me, no. He has Hayley and she seems...nice."

"Nice? That bitch snapped my neck, helped turn Klaus's hybrids against him so they could die in some ritual, and worked with Shane." Caroline exclaimed.

"It's not gonna help by just talking about it. I think tomorrow I'll end our lessons and then I'm going out." Elena got off the bed and walked towards the door.

"You forgot Elijah is supposed to go with you whenever you leave the house." Bonnie mentioned.

"I guess I'll just have to sneak out, then." Elena opened the door. "Let's go eat." She walked out of her room.

Bonnie and Caroline shared a look before following Elena out. Elena wasn't gonna stand around and pine over what could have been with Elijah. She was gonna cut ties with him, starting with their lessons.

***

The Next Day

Elena walked to their training spot and found Elijah wasn't there yet. She let out sigh and started to stretch. After stretching she pulled out her phone and started to play a game until Elijah showed up.

About an hour passed and he still wasn't there. Elena looked at the time and realized he probably wasn't coming. She stood up from the floor and started her walk back to the house. She was disappointed, he could have a least called or texted that he wasn't gonna make it.

She finally reached the house and walked through the back door. Freya was sitting at the counter, reading a grimoire. "Hey, how was training?" Freya looked to Elena.

"It was fine. I'm gonna go take a shower." Elena quickly walked out of the kitchen. Freya stared at her retrieving figure. Weird. Freya wasn't sure what happened but she knew Elijah must have done something to upset the girl.

Elena passed his door and stopped before she reached her room. She walked backwards and knocked on his door before even thinking about it. He didn't answer, so Elena started back to her room when the door was opened.

Elena turned to see Hayley at the door. "Did you knock?" Hayley asked.

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to Elijah is he in there?" Elena asked.

"He just got in the shower, do want me to tell him you want to talk later?" Hayley leaned against the door.

"Sure." Elena forced a smile and walked into her room. Shutting her door, she leaned against it and fell to the ground. Pulling her knees to her chest, a few tears fell. Stupid. That's what she felt, of course he was with Hayley this morning.

She wiped away the few tears and stood up from the ground. She walked into her bathroom and turned on the shower. She took her hair out of it's messy bun and undressed herself. She stepped into the warm water. Her muscles relaxing almost immediately, she let out a breath at the feeling. 

After taking a shower and blow drying her hair, she walked into her closet. She grabbed blue v-neck mini dress with small white polka dots that reached her mid-thigh. It wasn't tight it flowed out but still showed the curves she has. It complemented her olive skin. She grabbed her vanilla scented lotion and rubbed it up her legs, arms, hands, and feet. After that she grabbed some black sandal wedges. She brushed her straight hair once more and gave herself a once over in the mirror. 

She looked good before she forgot she grabbed her cherry chapstick and put it in the small pure that had her phone. She opened the door and looked down sides of the hallway. She quickly walked to the stairs and listened if anyone was in the living room. She walked down and walked to the door before she could open it. A voice called out to her. 

"Elena, where are you going?" Rebekah neared her. Elena turned around with a smile. 

"I'm going out." Elena said. 

"I thought Elijah went with you whenever you left?" Rebekah questions. 

"He usually does but I wanted some alone time and he's with Hayley at the moment." Elena explained.

"Well, if you would like I could join you, Stefan could come too. Just so I can make sure nothing happens to you. I've grown to not hate your company." Rebekah said.

Elena smiled. "I would enjoy that." 

"Great, give me a moment." Rebekah flashed away from her. Not even a minute later, Stefan and Rebekah were both infront of her. "Let's go."

"Okay," Elena opened the door and they were on their way to the quarter. 

To Be Continued...

Sorry I didn't update sooner, I got some news a few days ago and it put me in a not so good mood and today I just feel sad but I wanted to update for you guys. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter.