15

Work

I am literally standing in front of the full size mirror, begging myself to stop feeling the pain inside my heart. Looking like an idiot with a tears still falling hard down on my cheeks.

I looked miserable.

I tried to breathe deeply and wiped my face with the back of my hand. I finally find the courage to stand after an hour of crying inside the bathroom.

Healing it's not easy and i dont need to hate myself for being hurt and miserable after four years. I shouldn't blame myself for still being in pain because healing doesn't have a timeline. It's a process and i need to be patient until i can finally say wholeheartedly that i am at peace with myself.

I'm sorry, Cici. Please tell Vale that i needed to go. Don't worry i already booked a grab. Thank you so much for tonight!

I sent a message to Cici before i went out of the club. I tried so hard to avoid Vale and his friends. Mabuti nalang at agad namang dumating ang grab kaya nakaalis ako ng club.

I should learn to love the journey not just the destination. Healing might be tiring but i should enjoy every parts of it.

I booked an earlier flight back to the Island, hindi ko na kakayanin pa ang mag tagal pa dito sa Manila. I texted my cousin about it, mabuti nalang at hinayaan niya akong pumunta sa airport mag-isa. Hindi na nila ako kailangan pa na ihatid kasi malapit lang naman iyong hotel.

"Thank you so much, Engineer." i smiled tightly at the man in front of me. The renovation will be complete weeks from now. I still needed to find a perfect furnitures for my café though.

Isang buwan na ang nakalipas kaya hinihintay namin na matapos iyong renovation para sa cafe.

"We will look for the best furniture that will suit the café aesthetics, dear." excited namang sabi ni mom.

"I am still going with my first plan, mom. Hopefully makakahanap ako ng gamit para mabuo na iyong interior sa café. I will start operating the business before the camp and festival begins." naglalakad na kami papunta sa kotse, mom helped me with the business permits and other legal papers for my Café.

"I want the opening to be grand, dear. This is your first business!"

"I am still planning about it, mom." i chuckled and nod my head.

"Dont worry i will help you! I have a lot of connections you'll be surprise--"

"It's fine, mom. I just needed to focus on the interior for now."

Mom decided to leave when dad suddenly called and reminded her about the meeting she needed to attend. Medyo busy kasi ang negosyo simula noong nakaraang buwan, Dad decided to expand the business.

I still needed to fetch my son from school before we go to the office.
Ngayon lang ako naging hands-on sa family business nang nagsimulang magtayo ng sariling café.

I will get fresh produce fruits from my dad's for my café. Dad used to supply fruits to some businesses and we do export/ import worldwide. The business is expanding through the years and now dad decided to produce and manufacture his own brand.

"We will just pay a quick visit in the office, okay?" paalala ko sa anak, minsan kasi gusto niyang manatili sa office. He loves hanging out with the employees! Masyado siyang nasanay na napapalibutan siya ng mas nakakatanda sa kaniya.

He's quite mature too! Dad's employees treats him well kaya masaya siya tuwing bumibista kami sa opisina ni Dad.

"Promise, mommy."