Todomatsu and Stalker!Reader

Inspired by O2o_b33's prompt.

I bit down on my bottom lip nervously, eyeing the latte art that floated in the foam of my hot drink through the screen of my phone. The white steamed milk foam folded and swirled around itself to create the image of a soaring phoenix, its tail feathers circling the inner rim of the coffee cup while its head tucked beneath its wings in a wide display of feathers.

I had only asked for a cute latte art pattern, but when the male barista placed this on the counter, I was definitely stunned as I carefully carried it to a small table near the front of the coffee shop.

It was nearly impossible to drink, but I gently took a sip in a place where the art wouldn't be messed up. Of course I had taken a few photos, but...

I glanced back at the barista, watching him help the customers still in line with their orders. His dark hair was kept relatively short and tucked behind his ears, the fringe line resting just above his eyes. His lips were almost always pulled into a tight smile, the show of emotion only dropping when others that looked like him entered the cafe.

His name was Todomatsu Matsuno, the youngest in a sextuplet family and seemingly the only brother with a job.

Taking another sip from the latte disturbed the art a little, but I glanced at the social media page displayed on my phone. Todomatsu's name was at the top of the page before I thumbed through the pictures, feeling my heartbeat accelerate as I fought down a blush. There were thumbnails of videos that he had recorded of him and his brothers reviewing different things, from food and drinks to toys and games. The channel was small, but the effort he put into each video was apparent.

I knew who Todomatsu was, what his likes and dislikes were, and his work schedule...but he didn't know me. I was just another face in the crowd to him.

I think I preferred it this way.

I knew that stalking was considered wrong, especially when the stalker would take actions that would cause harm to the person they're following. I'm not that crazy.

No, I was happy enough to just sit in the cafe and drink while making headway on my work. The laptop in front of me was showing a typed document, a story that was in the beginning stages of editing before I sent it off to my actual editor for feedback. The hero of the story was based on Todomatsu, but I knew that he wouldn't ever read it...He would rather watch live streams than read a book.

I swallowed another sip before putting my fingers to the keyboard, mentally diving back into the world that I had created.

----

The week went by slowly, my work sitting still just short of completion as I stared at the screen. My thumb rubbed the outer edge of another cup of coffee, the right amount of sugar and milk thoroughly mixed in, as my mind ran through different scenarios of how to finish the last chapter of the book. I had several ideas of what I wanted to do, but nothing I typed out ever seemed to fit as a conclusion.

I stared at the blinking cursor, completely unsure of where to go in the story.

"I'm guessing that it's either a very difficult paper or some kind of story that you write for fun."

I flinched a little as someone stopped next to me, drawing my attention up to their face and instantly recognizing Todomatsu.

"Ah, yeah..." I shifted my gaze back to the laptop, "It's a story that I write for fun, but I don't know how to end it."