The crossroads of destiny.

After hours of being stuck in the cave Katara and I are about to sit down when we hear a rumbling from the entrance. You may be wondering why I haven't earth bent us out yet, but I know the storyline needs to stay the same. Plus we can't let Azula know I'm the legend yet.

The entrance opens and two agents shove in the on and only prince Zuko. He falls down and lands in front of us.
"Zuko!" Katara says, surprised.

We glare at him as he looks up at us. He turns away and holes himself in a corner.

"Why did they throw you in here?" Katara demands. Zuko doesn't respond. "Oh wait let me guess, it's a trap. So that when Aang shows up to rescue us you can finally have him in your little fire nation clutches." She says.

Zuko glances at us but looks away. "He's here because he faced Azula, stupid might I add. You should have jumped after your uncle." I say. He briefly looks at me, surprised at how I know. 

"You're a terrible person you know that? Always following us, trying to capture the avatar, the world's last hope for peace! But what do you care, you're the fire Lords son. Spreading war and hatred is in your blood." Katara angrily says to Zuko.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He replies.

"I don't? How dare you! You have no idea what the fire nation has put me through, me personally." Katara turns around and kneels on the ground. I join her and out my arms around her. "The fire nation took my mother away from me." She says as tears drip steadily down her face.

"I'm sorry, that's something we have in common." Zuko says. Katara perks her head up and I look around at him.

We all stand up. "I'm sorry I yelled at you before." Katara apologises.

"It doesn't matter." Zuko replies.

"It's just for so long now, whenever I imagine the face of the enemy, it was your face." Katara says.

"My face, I see." Zuko says.

"No, no! We don't mean it like that!" I apologise. Maybe I can change this, change who's side Zuko takes.

"It's ok, I used to think this scared marked me. The mark of the banished prince, cursed to chase the avatar forever. But lately, I've realised I'm free to determine my own destiny, even if I can't be free of my mark." Zuko says.

"That's good. You should listen to your uncle more, he's a good guy. Gives good advice." I say

"You met my uncle?" Zuko asks.

"Twice." I smile at the memory. "One time I was going through a hard moment, but your uncle was kind to me, he changed the way I thought." I tell him. What I don't say is how Iroh changed the way I think, considering it was watching him give advice to someone else.

"He does that to people." Zuko smiles slightly.

"You know you don't have to hunt the avatar anymore, you could become... good." I say.

Zuko turns around to answer me when the crystals behind us break and Aang walks through.

"Aang!" I shout in happiness and hug him. "I missed you!"

We pull apart and Katara gives Aang a quick hug. "I knew you'd come for us." I say. Then I lean in to his ear and whisper "I don't want Zuko or Azula knowing I'm the legend, that's why I didn't get us out." He nods understandinglly.

"Uncle, I don't understand,  what are you doing with the avatar?" Zuko asks.

"Saving you, that's what." Aang replies with sass.