Chapter 1 - OuCh

A/N: Hi reader(s)! So this is my second fanfiction. I might make a few mistakes, and if I do, feel free to correct me! Constructive criticism is always welcome. Anyway, so for every chapter I will start with a (usually) brief author's note. Anyway, On to the story!

I sigh. Homework can be such a drag! I wish that something would lighten up at least a bit in this pandemic. I mean, why did we have to endure COVID-19, a bunch of fires, Kobe's death, George Floyd's death, murder hornets... My thoughts continue until I hear a scream.

 I jump from my seat at my desk and scan my surroundings. However, I realize that it's just the intro to one of my favorite songs, Sweet but Psycho, by Ava Max. I sing along to the song that is blasting in my earbuds. The only time I can sing without attracting tons of attention is in my room, or in my house. Whenever I sing in public, a bunch of people swarms around me, saying I sound like a professional singer. 

Oh, wait! I totally forgot to introduce myself! Well, to put it simply, I am you and you are me. Kind of confusing, right? Well, we are the same person. My name is Sophie, except this is kind of my journal I'm writing in. I expect myself to come back to this later, which is why I am explaining this. 

A/N: was that too confusing?? Sorry. But basically, you are reading your diary from what happening right now, like you are broadcasting your life on the screen you are reading this off of. Do you get it? Idk loll.

Anyway, so it is currently some time in November 2020. And the coronavirus started in 2019, and I was quarantined in march this year. So yeah, it has definitely been a CRAZY year! Sweet but Psycho finishes and a different song plays into my ears, pulling me out of my mind and into... my annoying homework. Reluctantly, I start to finish that beast off. An hour later, I finish! I do my happy dance and grab my favorite series, Kotlc, off my bookshelf.

 I read relatively quickly, and finish the first book in an hour. I go and have dinner with my family, my two parents, and my sister, and I go off to read again for a little bit. I finish the last two books within a couple of hours. It's 9 already, so I start to get ready for bed. I say goodnight to my sister and parents and get in my bed. Although my bed is small, it is my happy space, where I feel calm. I am almost asleep when I hear a creak. 

Startled, I carefully get out of my bed, and find a dim light in the bathroom. Getting VERY scared, I creep silently over there. I hear voices. Slowly, someone starts to open the door, and I crouch low, hoping they wouldn't see me. The voices stop. They left! Relieved, I start to move out from my hiding spot. After that, the last thing I remember is a sharp pain in my head. Two things register through my head. Yeowch, and out.

A/N: Okay, not much of a cliffhanger. I tried. Anyway. Yay! The first chapter completed! It's a little short tho. Sorry if it is not that interesting, I wanted to give my reader(s) some knowledge of what is happening.

Written: Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Word Count: 605 words