Chapter 18 (Dani Adele)

Dani Instead of Adele

________________________________________________________________________

                                                                         Dani's POV

      I open my eyes and see my bedroom door closed. I was sleeping when something woke me up. I always go to sleep with my door open, at least a crack, but my door was closed. My body's so stupid, if the doors not open it knows some how, and I wake up. I looked at my alarm clock, 4:40AM. Must have been my mom counting us up like cattle. I layed in bed for while, until I remembered it was Monday. I hopped out of bed and ran into my shower to turn on the water. I was humming a song I had stuck in my head. I didn't even realize what song it was until I came to the chorus.

"Yea so tell me girl if every time we, t-o-o-uch, ya get this kinda r-u-u-sh baby say yeah, yeah, if you don't wanna take it slow, and you just wanna take me home, baby say yeah, yeah. And let me kiss you."

      Oh Liam, you know I'll let you kiss me. I hope Niall knows taking it slow doesn't work for Ems. I forgot about Ems being with the boys still. Its like nothings changed, which is good. I turned the water back off and grabbed a towel. I opened my closet door. What to wear? What to wear? I grabbed a pair of off-white skinny jeans, a long dark brown strapless with a burgundy belt and beanie and a light gray boyfriend cardigan. I left my hair down after I scrunch curled it. And took one last look in the mirror before I ran down stairs. I made toast and jam, it was a good first breakfast. I checked to see if Jon was awake before I snatched his keys off the kitchen table and ran out the door. I drove straight to Starbucks. Its Monday morning and me and Ems always met up here before school.

       I wondered if she was even going to show up. After all, her mom couldn't make her go to school. I parked my car and walked inside. No signs of her. Might as well get something while I'm here, plus I'm hungry. I walked up to the counter.

      "I'll take a bacon and Gouda artisan breakfast sandwich, a strawberry blueberry parfait and a strawberry smoothie. I guess that's it." I'm not much of a coffee person, which is weird for someone who goes to Starbucks quite a bit.

      "Get the cheese danish, you know you want to." I heard a voice from behind me say.

      I turned around and saw her. "Ems!" I yelled in the shop.

      "Yea its me. You couldn't just wait?"

      "I didn't think you were coming."

      "I'm not that late."

      "I mean, to school at all."

      She paused and looked at me. "I can see why you would think that. But I've been doing it this long, and no way am I dropping out almost half way through senior year." I gave her a hug.

      "Excuse me ma'am? Is this it?" I nodded.

      "And a cheese danish." she looked at me. "Its your favorite." she raised her eyebrows trying to pressure me in.

      "No danish, I'm on a diet."

      "Screw diets." Ems said. I gave the lady behind the counter the money and stepped back for Ems to order. "Excuse me, but are you ready?"

      "Yes ma'am." the lady said kinda sassy.

      "Ok, ok, this is what I'm going to order, are you ready? Cause I need to go to school and I'm only going to say this once. So ARE. YOU. READY???" I rolled my eyes at Ems comments.