Chapter 13 (Steps)

Foot Steps

_________________________________________________________________________

                                                                    Niall's POV

_________________________________________________________________________

     "Adele?" I asked her as she pulled her feet up on the bench, hugging her knee's. She looked me in the eyes. "I-I have a few questions, if your willing to answer."

      "It depends, on what they are."

      "Well the biggest question on my mind right now: what's the big emergency? Why couldn't you or Em's sleep at your own houses tonight?"

      "Em's had a fight- ok... hmm... I guess there's no way I can tell you with out telling the whole story." I nodded for her to continue. "Well we were sneaking in-" she paused. "I mean, we were sneaking up stairs, we didn't want to wake up her mom. And when we went into her room there was a note on her bed. The note was from her mom. It said somethin like: your in big trouble and you knew I didn't want you to go out with them. Her mom-"

      I cut her off. "Does her mum abuse her?"

      She shook her head. "Not physically."

      "So her mum's just like a big gossip girl?"

      She giggled a bit. "That's exactly what she is. Well she didn't want to be around in the morning when her mom gets started. So she texted you. You made her wait, and let me tell you, not the smartest choice mister." Wow she's cool. I can't believe we never got the chance to talk. Wait! We haven't even known these girls 24 hours! Well I feel smart.

      "I think that answers that question."

      "Next question?"

      "Yep. Sooooo, who's Dani?" She grasp on her knees got tighter."Its ok if your not ready to tell me." She buried her head into her knees. She looked terrified. "Are you ok?" Ok what's wrong? Who's Dani!?! I gotta know!

       "I-I-I'm D-D-Dani." she spit out like her words cut her as she said them. What? Wait, what? She's Dani? I'm so confused. Adele equals Dani. So her real name is Dani, but her nickname is Adele? Why is that a big deal? Does she just not like that name? Is Adele her middle name? I thought she was answering questions not making more... Oh I get it!

      I started laughing. "No seriously. Who's Dani?"

      "My full name is Danielle Colt."

      I raised my eye brows in disbelief. "What's your middle name?"

      "We don't speak of my middle name, EVER. You hear me?" I just laughed more.

      "So where did Adele come from?"

      "Well I kinda freaked out right before we went in to meet y'all."

      "So where did Adele come from?"

      She started laughing. "A CD cover?" She laughed again, and I joined in.

      "So why did you say your name was Adele?"

      She looked down at her shoes. "Cause of Danielle Peazer." she said quietly.