One shot

Naina passed out 6 months ago and currently posted in Jabalpur. None of her friends got a posting here with her. She felt lonely sometimes.

Whenever she remembers her KMA days, she got reminded of Rajveer Sir. However brief time she spent with him was the most memorable time of her life.

She is currently contemplating a thought from a long time but never had the courage to put it in action.

One day out of no where she decided to call her Rajveer sir. He picked up after 2 rings only.

Rajveer: Cadet Singh. What a pleasant surprise. Kaisi ho tum?

It's like breath of fresh air to her. He was hearing her voice after so long. Warmth with which he always talks to her is still there.

Last he called on her passing out ceremony to wish her all the best. After that he never called her, just messaged her sometimes.

Naina: Mai thik hu sir. Aap kaise hai?

Rajveer: I am good. So tell me, how may I help you?

Naina chuckled, " I am bored, Sir". She blurted before she can stop herself.

Rajveer: huh?

Naina: I mean this is a small peaceful town. Yahan kuch aisa exciting nai hai aur uper se mere koi bhi friends mere sath posted nai hai.

Rajveer: acha that's why you called me, to do timepass

Naina: nai sir, aise bat nai hai

Rajveer: to kaise bat hai Cadet Singh. Tum hi bata do fir?

Naina blushed and didn't replied anything for few seconds. Rajveer smiled on the other end, he can hear the breathing so he knows the line is still not disconnected.

Rajveer: Cadet Singh. Aapne kuch kaha?

Naina: nai sir. Vaise ab mai Cadet nai hu sir

Rajveer: hmm. Sahi bat hai ab to aap Lt. ban gai hai.

Naina smiled and he can sense it. Naina decided to act on something she was planning from a long time. May be something she wanted to do even when she was in the academy.

Naina: Sir I missed you a lot.

She said that in a single breath and closed her eyes in anticipation. Rajveer also became silent after hearing this, of course he is happy to know that but what should he reply on top of it.

Rajveer: I missed you guys too.

Naina: did you missed everyone the same sir?

She is so nervous from inside. She is sweating like hell but she really do want to do this. In so many months, there isn't a single day she didn't thought of him. He dominated her mind during all her free time. Sometimes she even imagine him scolding, when she commit some silly mistake, or motivating her when she is down.

Rajveer on the other hand is stunned by Naina's reply. They were not in regular touch. Yes, he still have feelings for her but their situation is too complicated. He had decided long ago not to act upon them. But right now Naina is positively suggesting something else.

Rajveer: nai Naina. I missed you more.

He said before he can stop himself.

Naina: kaise sir?

Rajveer: kaise matlab?

Naina: kaise matlab like a protégée? Or like a friend? How did you missed me like?

She is using her every ounce of courage right now. She knew he won't confess easily and she is adamant of getting some response from him today.

Rajveer : kyu janna chahti ho Naina?

Naina: Kyuki shayad usme mere sawal ka jawab hoga sir?

Rajveer: kaisa sawal Naina?

Naina: Sir abhi aap Nagpur me posted hai na

Rajveer got amazed at the amount of homework she has done.

Rajveer: hmm.

Naina: acha to vahan se 3 to 4 hours hai Jabalpur. Aap Sunday ko aayenge?

Rajveer: kyu? Kyuki tum bore ho rahi ho?

Naina: nahi. Kyuki I want to go out for a date with you. Sharp 12pm, lunch date, clock tower, ghantaghar. Pahuch jayiyega. I will be waiting.

With this she disconnected the call and hide her face with her hands. She can't believe she actually said all that to her Rajveer Sir. She asked him out.

Rajveer on the other hand is stunned too. But he wrote the address immediately and realised that he had been asked out. Actually instructed to come for the date.

He blushed as he ran through the conversation again in his mind. Finally after so many sleepless nights and fantasies and dreams, he will finally be going out with her. His Naina Ah. Singh, love of his life.

/* Randomly likha hai. Tell me how it is?    */