Chapter 2

Camille's heart was threatening to leap out of her throat as her breath shallowed. Time seemed to freeze to a halt as the mysterious man made a beeline towards her. Camille's screamed pierced through the atmosphere like a badminton racket whooshing through the air. Camille had no idea why she was screaming. Maybe it was the thought of being run over or maybe she associated the burly man with danger. The man made no hestitation to stop or even slow down his speed and Camille squeezed her eyes shut, not being able to watch the scene unfolding in front of her eyes.

  Camille felt herself being shoved to the ground and then, nothing. Curiously, Camille opened her eyes slowly and as she rolled herself onto her back and propped herself up by her elbows.

  "Wha..?" Camille's curiosity turned to shock as she saw that another person had suddenly appeared and the two men were facing each other, the mysterious man facing her and a grey headed man turning his back to her.

  "Out of my way! Unless you want to get crushed with the girl," mysterious man snarled at grey man.

  "You have said that a thousand times, Cornac, however, you have never lived up to your word." grey man retorted, "Anyway, you should know by now that you are no match of me, so why don't you run along."

  "You underestimate me, Perez. Soon, you will take back those words and beg me to spare your life."

  "When you actually accomplish that, then by all means, I will accept any duels that you raise. But if you are looking for a beating now, then I welcome you to stay." blonde man cheerfully replied. With a snarl, the man named Cornac vanished into thin air.

  Rubbing her eyes, Camille thought to herself," I must be dreaming! Vanishing into thin air!" Looking at grey man's back, she studied him.

  "Quite fit, he must go to the gym a lot.." Camille's thoughts was interrupted when the man turned around to face her.

  " Yes, I do work out quite a lot, thank you.I am terribly sorry for pushing you to the ground but you see, my teleportation is not quite that good and I might be off my mark at times."

  Camille's mouth hung agape in shock as she tried to register the words the man had just said.

  "Teleportation? And how did he know about my thoughts? He must be a loony!" Camille thought.

  "Oh how rude of me! I haven't introduced myself! I am Perez and I most certainly am not loony." Perez held his hand out for Camille to grab on as his blue-grey eyes twinkled kindly at her.