Who You Gonna Call

The Tardis is parked in the living room for a change. The Doctor is in the tiny kitchen watching Clara's washing spinning in the machine whilst she checks her makeup in the dressing table mirror. The Mechanic pulls him away before he can notice the undergarments.

"The Satanic Nebula," He looks at the little goldfish in the bowl on the counter. "Or the lagoon of lost stars. Or we could go to Brighton. I've got a whole day worked out."

"Sorry, but as you can see, I've got plans." Clara is in an open-necked white blouse with a thin black tie knotted halfway down her chest, black trousers with stiletto heels and is putting on a black jacket.

"Have you?"

The Mechanic rolled their eyes, "Sorry Clara, I tried to tell him, he wouldn't have it though."

"No, no, no. No. Look at me." She flipped her hair, "I really can't, Doctor."

"Why is your face all colored in?" The Doctor looked at her all together again, "Are you taller?"

"I told you, she was going on a date with Danny!"

"What, do you have to reach a high shelf?" The Doctor just seemed to ignore them.

"I'm gonna sock you."
"Right, got to go. Going to be late."

"For a shelf?"

"Bye." Before she could get out the door, A proper, old-fashioned telephone rings. It is the emergency one in the Tardis. "There you go, you've got another playmate."

The Mechanic shook their head, "There are very few people that it could be. Hell, that's not even a real phone!" They go to answer it.

"Don't." Clara begged.

"Why not?" The Doctor countered.

Clara seemed to whine a bit, "Because, if you answer it, something will happen."

"It's just a phone, Clara. Nothing happens when you answer the phone." The Mechanic picks up the receiver.

***

And before they know it, the phone is replaced with a large worm, that has a tiny pair of horns by its jaws, up against their face. They scream and throw it onto the round table. Clara and the Doctor also scream and throw away a worm.

"Doctor?" Clara breathes.

He shook his head, "Don't touch it."

Clara looks around, panicked, "Where are we? How did we get here?"

"What about you lot? Are you alright, where are you from?" The Mechanic asks a man with computer chips attached to the shaven right side of his head, and a darker-skinned woman.

The man replies first, "Who are you? Sorry, what's going on? I don't understand." The one cybernetic eye in the cyborgs head rings out alarms upon scanning his tattoo.

The unfamiliar woman stops her from saying anything when her cheeks briefly bulge in imitation of the worm's horns, "Argh! What is that thing?"

"It's a memory worm." The Doctor informed them.

"What happened to your face?"

The Mechanic slapped her fellow companions wrist, "Don't be rude!"

"Deletes your memories." The Doctor continued, ignoring his companions.

"How did I get here?"

"The same way we all did, but we've all forgotten." The Mechanic tried to roll their memory banks, but weren't lucky enough to still have access to them.