Dream Life

The Mechanic didn't remember lying down. They didn't remember landing, and they certainly didnt recognize the face they woke up next to.

That face was still sleeping when a robot came in and started rummaging in the wardrobe, "What the he-"

The robot beeped and directed them to the bathroom. It quickly followed after them and closed the door behind itself. The Mechanic still looked like themself: short, messy brown hair, kind brown eyes, and Mix-matched skin panels. But after the robot sprayed them down, their hair was long, braided in several random buns, makeup turned them pale, almost sickly, and painted lips. They were also wearing a geometrical white outfit.

"Oh, this won't do. This won't do at all."

Now that they were dressed, the mirror flashed with bright words and patterns,

Good morning, Mx. Roberts
Today, you have a very busy day. It will start out with two hours of cleaning and reading before you head to work at the lab. You will then need to run to the store to get groceries for the new neighbors coming over for dinner tonight. They are hoping to have a wonderful pot roast. Your shopping list for that is on the fridge, and I suggest you take it to work, as you won't have time to come back home.

Mr. Roberts will also be heading to the lab today, but he will be heading to the gym first, our lovely robot friend shall be waking him up soon.

Do you have any questions?

"Yeah, where am I? Where is the TARDIS and the Doctor?" She didn't worry about Clara, as they had dropped her off in a cupboard previous to this.

A loading screen popped up before the questions were awnsered.

You are streaming live on the show "Dream Life" you have been chosen to play Mx. Roberts. We cannot located an entity called TARDIS, nor one called Doctor. Would you like to rephrase the question?

"He was an angry Scottish man, with a blue box that said 'Police' on it. He's got grey hair, huge eyebrows, sometimes that changes though."

That would be Dr. John Smith. He is the neighbor coming over. Along with his wife, Lucy.

"Oh, that poor woman. Alright, I guess I'll talk to him at dinner." The Mechanic left the bathroom and noticed that the man, 'Mr. Roberts' was no longer in bed, they guessed they went to the gym like the mirror said they would.

"Why couldn't I go to the gym? Why do I have to clean, and read?" They shrugged reading wasn't too bad, "Maybe I should read up on cooking. Never cooked before."

They looked around the house to see it was practically bare. No pictures, no TV, no bookshelf. Only a couch, a small coffee table in the living room. The main appliances for a kitchen, and a small dining table off of it. It had two full baths too, both with the weird mirror.

On the coffee table, a small stack of books were on a platform. That hadn't been there a moment ago.

The Mechanic got down on all fours and looked around to see how it was hooked up. They then did a more intense scan of around the room and saw multiple electrical signals, most being cameras. It seemed the bathroom's were the only place free of them.

All they could do, was act the part until they could get in contact with the Doctor.

⁷¹⁰

While the Mechanic had woken up with a robot greeting them, the Doctor was woken up by being peppered with light kisses.

The woman was in similar garments to what the Mechanic is wearing, but her hair was graying, "Good Morning, Dear Heart."

"What kind of name is that?" His eyebrows seemed to emphasize his words, he was an angry scotsmen after all, "where am I? Who are you?"

The woman blushed, "Oh dear me, you haven't been given the welcome package yet." She backed away from his side of the bed, "The bot is in the bathroom, I suggest you go."

He had to go against every bone in his body to actually listen to the woman, but in the end, was happy he did.

As the bot was about to spray him, he stopped it. Preferring his clothing and his hair as it was, especially his eyebrows. His last regeneration didnt have the best luck with eyebrows, and he didnt want some robot to make that a reoccurring theme.

Dr. John Smith, Welcome to the live stream of 'Dream Life'. You have a particularly busy day, after work at the lab, you will be having dinner with the neighbors, The Roberts.

You and Lucy Smith are responsible for bringing the dessert, they are expecting a tart.

You have two hours to enjoy reading before your shift begins.

As a voice said this, a side mirror held different words.

Please, do not worry about the TARDIS or your companion, they are safe. You will be meeting with your companion soon, but we need your help.

Each week, one of the towns couples are brutally murdered. This has been going on since this season premiered.

We will return you and your companion to the Tardis once the people behind these crimes are apprehended.

Every other actor will have false memories with you to make it easier for you to question them.

The Doctor scoffed, "I won't do it. You can solve your own crimes. If you are going to run a reality TV series, you should do your own background checks."

He then walked out to be faced with the woman from before, "I am sorry Dear Heart, but this is the way things must be. Now, I need to go check on the garden."

He checked all over the house, which was practically empty once more, to see if his Tardis was parked in a cupboard. When he couldn't find it, he sighed, "Fine, I guess you win."