Date Night

"Gioffre Borgia, mucho scary hombre, says to me, what do you think of our Leaning Tower of Pisa? I say," he leans sideways, "it looks okay to me."

They all laugh, then continued to trade stories over take out.

***

Before Psi left, the Mechanic caught him alone, "When you thought you were about to die, you told me sorry. Why?"

"Clara. She explained why you had snapped. I'm sorry about your friends."

The Mechanic froze. They had avoided thinking about them. Jack hadn't even tried to make contact with them either, so clearly he was avoiding them too, "Yeah, me too."

Psi pats their shoulder, "If you ever need help with another bank heist-" he said louder, to the Doctor.

The Doctor shakes Psi's hand, Clara hugs him, "Yeah, it's not really his area."

The Doctor makes the Phone Me sign. Psi leaves.

Later, Saibra hugs the Doctor, "See? I don't have your face now."

"Yeah. I kind of miss that."

"Oh, shut up." Saibra leave the Tardis. The Doctor rubs his arm where Saibra had squeezed him.

"7.12, local time, as promised. Go and enjoy yourself." The Doctor smirked, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"It's a date. You know, I've just realized. I'm going out for another meal now."

"Don't worry. Calories consumed on the Tardis have no lasting effect."

"That's a blatant lie," The Mechanic corrected, "Though she is amazing, she's not that good."

Clara chuckled, "See you. Don't rob any banks." She hesitated

"Don't rob any banks what?"

"Without me." She smiled.

"Course not, boss."

As soon as she left, the Doctor rushed to the controls, "Robbing a bank. Robbing a whole bank. Beat that for a date."

The Mechanic smirks, and helps him flip a lever.

***

The two Gallifryian's look around at the bank, all seemed calm.

What the other's didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

The two felt no guilt, as all these people profited at the loss of others, the Doctor had a particular grudge against one from Sto, Richard Slade, and another, Cassandra O'Brien.Δ17. The Mechanic didn't judge him, they didn't even ask.

All money was split between the City of New New York, after the Senate fell, Cheem, after a leader of theirs had died on Platform One, The Gamma Forest, and the First Mars Expedition.

Funny thing was, he never mentioned why he picked those places either.

***

=] Y'all are gonna hate me.