Intro

The Time Lords of Gallifrey used to be the Mechanic's main customer. Of course, it wasn't actually the Time Lords, but the Tardis' that would call them, but it was the Time Lords that paid them.

When the War had started, they were there. They fought by the Time Lords side, fixed their technology, and even helped create the machine that would end it all. The Moment.

They knew the Time Lords as stubborn, narcissistic, and total assholes. But in the end, they just wanted to redeem themselves for their acts of cowardice during previous wars, costing the lives of those they cared for.

When the Moment was activated, they got an alarm. The only reason they were free from the Time Lock was because The Mechanic was sent to get supplies from another planet. They were sent out of the Time Locks bubble.

The Mechanic could tell that since the Moment was used, the Time Lords were likely gone forever. And if they came back, they would be more spiteful that ever.

And they hoped that day would never come.

⁵²⁶

The Mechanic re-activated, shuddering from the memories in there database, "Another day, another problem."

They stood up, and got dressed in their sand smock. They went into the market to pick up some oil, memory sticks, and flesh panels. They were very expensive, but necessary as the sand was ruining the Mechanics gears, "Are you out of shade #c58c85?"

The fly-like creature buzzed.

"I can't just walk around with mix/match flesh panels! If I was to leave this forsaken rock, I need a proper figure!"

It buzzed more aggressively.

They sighed, "I'm sorry, I know it's not your fault, but if this shit is gonna cost me an arm and a leg, literally, then they should stalk the shades."

It buzzed in understanding, and gave the Mechanic a discount on shade #ecbce4, which was much lighter, but they were glad for the lower price.

As they headed back home to get the flesh panels installed, they got sucked into a transport beam.

When the amnesia faded, they stood in front of angry pepper-pots. They pointed their deadly whisks at the cyborg, "You. Will. Repair. Us!"

The Mechanic rolled their eyes, "No."

"What. Is. The. Meaning."

"Why would I help repair your ship? You haven't done anything to benefit me."

The Daleks eye stalk scans the character, "You. Are. An. Associate. Of. The. Time. Lords"

"What's that supposed to mean? They were your enemies, why would they help you?"

They scanned again, "You. Will. Help. As. The. Doctor. Would."

"Doctor who now?"

"The. Last. Time. Lord."

"That's not gonna motivate me! Are you kidding? If anything, that is gonna make me help you less!"

"Why?" It would've whined if it could.

The Mechanic sat down, "Cause you kidnapped me, have cause mass destruction, hurt my friends, you're quite annoying, and if a Time Lord is out there- and that's a big if -then they don't need you in full power. Need the list go on?"

"Then. You. Will. Be. Ex-ter-min-a-ted."

"False."

"Explain."

The cyborg opened up its arm, "I happen to have met a friend of yours a while back, he goes by Bracewell. He gave me a particular shiny toy, that goes boom!" The Daleks flinched, "Now your scared, but that's not even the best part."

They pressed on their wrist, "I can detonate it, end you, and be safe, far, far away." The Vortex manipulator activated, and they were gone.

The Mechanic felt the tremor of the explosion but simply shrugged it off, "Checkmate, Time Lord."

They opened a deep blue diary and wrote a tally mark under their title, and wrote Doctor on another page. The Time Lords and the Cyborg had always had a playful competition. This was only just beginning.

***

Welcome to my new story. In case you can't tell, this'll be another Doctor Who Fanfic, as those seem to be the ones that I am best at. Let me know what you think!