Chapter 10: Excuses

LOL. NO. This isn't for me. I hurriedly got off the elevator. Trying to hide my nervousness by clenching my shaking fists, I went to the guard again. ''Excuse me, I think this isn't for me, or maybe it's just a...prank?''

        ''No, it's really for you, Skylar. A prank? That I don't know about. He just said to give it to you.''

        ''Oh. Okay. Thank you again.''

        ''Are you alright? What does it say?''

        ''Nothing, just something not important,'' I said and hid the letter in my pocket. I went back to the elevator and ran to my dorm. Before I went inside, I read the note again. I'm not dreaming. But who is this from? What kind of sh*t is this?

        ''Oh! Skye! You're home!'' Jihyun was sitting on the couch, watching a drama series.

        ''Yep. I'm kind of tired. Just got one of those panic attacks again,'' I said with a sigh.

        ''What?! Are you alright?'' She stood up and checked if I have a fever. Oh. So she's not mad at me anymore.

        ''I'm fine now, but already sleepy. I'm just go gonna sleep,'' I said as I squeezed her hand.

        ''Okay, but Jihoon went here. He told me everything. I just want to say that you wrecked my sailing OTP! Haha. But it's fine, as long as that's what you think is right,'' she said.

        ''Thank you for understanding, Jihyun,'' I said and she nodded. I got my water bottle and went to my room. I kicked my shoes off and let the bed get a hold of my tired body. Looking at the ceiling, I still couldn't think of who might have given me the letter. Ugh. F*ck this. I'm scared, he's right, but why should I be? Does he know what scares me? It's just a nonsense note, a nonsense threat. Alright, I'll let this go for now. Don't think about it, Skye. Don't make a big deal out of it. Don't. Just forget it. I reached for the drawer and got my medicines. I hate the texture of tablets. You can feel them pass your throat. Then, I let myself drift to sleep.

        I woke up at 3am because of my vibrating phone under my pillow. I saw Minho's name and smiled although the light was hurting my eyes. He texted me.

        ''I don't know if this will wake you or what because your phone is under your pillow, but I don't care. I just want to check on you. Are you still alive?'' Although I'm still sleepy, he made me laugh. What kind of question is that? Haha.

        ''Yes, sir. Still breathing, but it's still too early! I don't care if you're already awake or what but let me sleep in peace. You know I'd wake up! You know I'm tired but you still texted me!'', I replied, aiming to seem mad. You know, you should act like you're angry sometimes, because...I don't know. It's just fun to mess with him. Haha. Then, he called. Skye used crazy mad woman. It's super effective!

        ''Annyeong!'', I answered.

        ''Ah~. Mianhe~,'' he said, sounding like a child. I bet he even did aegyo over the phone. ''Rest some more, okay?''

        ''You want me to rest but you called? Just what are you thinking right now?''

        ''Mianhe~. I'll hang up,'' he said.

        ''Anyo! Wait! Why are you awake?'', I said as I sat up quickly, like it would stop him.

        ''I don't know. I just woke up and now I can't sleep,'' he said. His voice was still hoarse. He lied. He sounded sleepy. Maybe he just needed to go to the comfort room. Oh well, at least he thought of me before he go to sleep again.