Chapter 5: Risks of Cupid's Arrows

Jihoon was holding my hand tightly while we walked away. When we got into the elevator, I had to pull my hand away, leaning on the wall and finally had to sit down for a while. I was breathing quickly, but I could still control my freaking heart and lungs. Now that we really ended it, now that we already have a closure, I felt so empty. I didn't know how to feel. Should I be happy that I won't be waiting for him anymore? Should I feel lonely because I already lost the hope of having him back? My eyes were getting blurry, but no, I won't cry. I won't cry because of a guy again.

        ''You know, it felt so satisfying to punch someone. Sorry for getting that opportunity from you,'' Jihoon said. ''Get up, you can't stay here forever.'' He was looking away, and even got out first. How should I react? It was so embarrassing that he had to witness that scene.

        ''Jihoon-ah. Mianhe. You shouldn't have seen that,'' I said while following him.

        ''It's fine,'' he said coldly. We entered our dorm and Jihyun was confused why both of us looked so down. Neither of us was speaking.

        ''What happened? Jihoon, Skye?'' Jihyun couldn't keep still.

        ''Nothing! Jihoon just texted me that he's coming and I welcomed him at the main floor. Haha,'' I said, forcing myself to smile and laugh. I didn't want Jihyun to know, I didn't want her to worry too. I've been a burden to her these past few days. I looked at Jihoon and smiled, hoping that he'd follow my act.

        ''De,'' he said, and I was relieved that he smiled too, acting like his normal self.

        ''Aisssh. I thought something awful happened. I guess it was just because it's too cold outside. Haha,'' Jihyun said. ''Let's eat? I'm almost done cooking.'' And we ate like nothing happened. I was even surprised that I had the strength to hide what I truly feel.

        ''So why are you here?'' Jihyun pointed her chopsticks to Jihoon who quickly swallowed his food.

        ''I have something to say to Skye about work,'' he said and was flapping his hands like a baby bird. I bet he's throat was on fire, since Jihyun's a fan of chilli powder.

        ''Eh? What is it?'', I said and automatically poured him a drink. He quickly drank and sighed with relief. Jihyun was chuckling; she always finds it entertaining when someone's dying because of the spiciness of her dishes.

        ''We are going to be moved. I mean, we're not fired but we're going to work at the new cafe of the owner. He bought the former Mango Cafe,'' he explained.

        ''So you're going to work at the Purple Tint? The cafe is so cute! I think you're going to serve purple coffees! Haha! I've been waiting for its opening since the past few months!'' Jihyun was more excited than I am. I think I've seen it but I couldn't remember where.

        ''So where is it?'' I hope it's nearer to our dorm.

        ''Duh! We passed it when we were going to the YG building! It's just a few blocks away!'' So that explains her excitement.

        ''Damn,'' I said.

        ''Damn, I'm hoping to see some pretty idols,'' Jihoon said.

        ''Hey!'' I elbowed him.

        ''What? It's not like you're the only one who wants to see idols. You jealous already?'

        ''Anyo! I just didn't expect for you to react like that.''

        ''You two are lucky. By the way, when are you going home? It's already late and it's raining,'' Jihyun said as she started to do the dishes.