Chapter 12: Ease the Burden

''Dad, there's something I have to tell you.'' I called him and told everything. He was shouting over the phone and I could hear my mom asking what the matter is. I was even scolded and he said that I should have told him earlier. Of course, he became protective and I couldn't blame him. I'm afraid too, you know. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving the dorm and move to our town house where our 'staff' are all waiting for me. I agreed because it's better than leaving the country. My mind is a blank right now. There's just so much that happened and I just couldn't let them all in. Oh, and also, I called Jihyun and told her about it too.

        ''What the f*ck?! It's fine! Just be safe!'' She was in a total panic and agreed to everything I decided. ''Don't let anyone in the dorm tonight!'' I thought she was going home with what I said.

        ''Oh.'' Someone rang the doorbell. My heart skipped a beat, and I almost slipped on the floor running for the monitor. Oh well, it's just Jihoon. ''Annyeong.'' I let him in. Maybe he just wanted to check if I'm okay. Ugh. Jihyun and Jihoon--- my guardian tandem.

        ''Jihyun told me you're alone,'' he said and helped himself with a cup of tea. He was wearing a maroon sweatshirt and jeans. He tossed his cap on the cupboard. I’m a little embarrassed since I was already wearing my sleeping clothes. My V-neck oversized shirt and blue pajamas, not to mention my white furry slippers and messy hair made me look lousy.

        ''Yep, but I'm fine. Also, I'm going to move out tomorrow. Just...just because of personal reasons, safety reasons.''

        ''Mmm. What are those reasons?'' I sat in front of him, placing my own cup of tea on the table.

        ''Nothing important.''

        ''Okay. Why not move tonight? I mean, it seems like it's urgent. Why don't you move as soon as possible?''

        ''It's already late. Also, this place is relatively safe too.''

        He surveyed our dorm, walking around like a guard in a museum, inspecting every corner of it. ''No security cameras inside here though.'' He opened every door.

        ''It's for keeping our privacy. I mean, every visitor needs an appointment, right? Also, we can check who's right at the door. You don't have to worry.''

        ''Oh I'm not,'' he said, looking outside through the glass sliding door, and sipping his tea.

        ''What? Haha. Then go home already. I'm perfectly safe,'' I said and grabbed his empty cup.

        ''Oh are you?'' Then, my phone vibrated. Minho texted me.

        ''You have to go now.''

        ''Why? I'm even thinking of staying here for the night. I can just sleep on the couch again,'' he said and smiled while lying on the couch.

        ''You can't. Just..just go. I'm having another visitor.''

        ''Why not introduce us to each other? I'd be more than willing to welcome this person if she's as pretty as you!''

        I opened the door for him. ''Go already. Our...my...my bodyguard is coming.''

        ''Oh. Alright. I'm going. Stay safe.'' He quickly stood up from the couch, hugged me and got his cap. ''Don't be scared, okay? Live long.'' Then, he rushed outside.

        ''I'm here across the street, in front of your building. Can you come down for a minute?'' I read his message and opened the glass door. It was freezing to be standing at the balcony with sleeping clothes on. I folded my arms but they’re no use. I looked down and saw Jihoon took a cab. I waved Minho to come inside. I called the personnel at the lobby and told him to let Minho in. For a few minutes, he was already at the door. ''Are you alone?'' He took of his mask. He was wearing a grey sweater and black Nike jogger pants. Why do they still look good in this kind of hour?