Chapter 6

Clarkes P.O.V

I wake up to hear an alarmed bellamy shouting outside. I get dressed and go out to see what's going on. He is standing on a big rock and giving orders to people. I walk over. "What's going on?" I ask.

He nods to the dropship and walks toward it and i follow. He climbs to the top and opens the hatch. There is a dead body laying on its stomach. There are deep cuts on her back. Spelling sun down.

"They are coming clarke." He says with a worried expression. "We have till sundown." and he walks out. I carefully flip over the body but its noone from the 100.

I climb down the ladder and head to bellamy. "We cant take them by ourselves. Have you seen their number? More importantly have you seen ours?"

"We dont have a choice."

"Yes we do. We always have a choice. And even with the ark here they are still more than us."

"What do you suggest we do?" He raises his eyebrows sarcastically.

I wonder whats up with him today. He's serious and won't even look at me when im talking. Or won't even look at me.

"Will you look at me for a second?" I stand infront of him. "Bellamy, we need to get out of here while we can."

He considers for a second then looks away and says "That's not an option" and walks away.

I jog to catch up with him and pull his elbow to stop him. "What is going on with you."

"Nothing, clarke. Just doing my job."

"If your job is to be a complete jackass to me then you're doing it perfectly."

He still refuses to look at me so i continue.

"Bellamy, talk to me."

"There is nothing to say clarke. Now if you don't mind, I have a job to do." He walks off again but i dont stop him this time.

---------------------------------

I decide to go to the dropship to see if anyone needs any medical help. I start aranging the none to little supplies we have just to take mind off bellamy. When im done and walking out i bump into octavia. "Hey, clarke."

"Hey."

"What are you up to."

"Just finished organizing our supplies. They're a real mess."

"You were in there for an hour." She gives me disbelieving look.

"Can we not do this here."

"Okay then" she drags me to her tent. "Spill."

"Octavia" i give her a serious look. "Its nothing, really,and we should be getting ready for the grounders."

"Is it your mom? Grounders? Murphy? Me?"

"No octavia, im fine."

She pauses then says "is it my brother?"

I close my eyes for longer than a second at the sound of his name and octavia probably noticed because she says "what did he do?"

I cant keep it in so i tell her.

"Its not something he did. He just wont look at me and hes hardly talking to me."

She smiles a little "He's a guy. All guys have that stage. Talk to him." And she leaves. I pace my tent for a while and decide that ill talk to him after whatever the grounders will throw at us.

---------------------------------

I can feel the tension in the air while we wait for the grounders. Its most likely that they will attack. And knowing them they will be heavily armed. I have a knife and a gun. Honestly i feel better with the gun. Its two minutes to sun down when octavia sits next to me. "So, did you talk to him yet?"

I shake my head. "I still don't know what I'll say. 'Wanna Tell me why one second you're comforting me and the next being such a jerk'? That just doesn't sound right, octavia. It doesn't sound like me."

She smiles sympathetically. "Just tell him the truth." And with that she walks off.

I decide to tell him now or never. I get up to find him when there is a shriek. Through a creak in the wall i see a black jaguar. Big enough to kill about 10 of us in a swipe.

---------------------------------

I look around and get as many people to listen as i can, which do not include the half of us who are currently having panic attacks.

"We need to drive it away from here. Create a distraction along the borders of the grounders camp. I need two people to take one of ravens bombs and set it up. Then there will be a loud noise driving it away from here. Then on the signal the bomb blows. Clear?" Everyone nods as soon as i finish. "Who's going to go?" No one except bellamy volunteered. Then from some where in the small crowd I heard someone shout "you and bellamy, then." I knew who it was immediately. Octavia. I nodded. And said "we leave now. Sound the horn in a few minutes. We will need a few minutes to set up the bomb. I met bellamy near the small hole in the wall leading to the grounders camp. Without a word he set off, not even checking to see if i was following.