Chapter 22

CHARACTER ADDITION

                 Sorry for the interruption!

                                        KATIE'S POV

It's been a few month's since the incident at the club took place with myself and, Haley. Gavin, talked to me a couple day's after it all happened and told me what he had done.

He told me that, Haley had been terminated and that, Mindy was put on an extended six month's probation for her part in what happened.

He also told me that the reason he terminated, Haley and not, Mindy was because, Mindy has a baby on the way and desperately needs this job. He mentioned to me that, Mindy wanted to apologize for how she acted and it took me some time, but I nervously accepted to let, Mindy apologize. We don't have to be best friend's but at least we can be civil to eachother.

Today is a huge day, today could change, Ember's life forever. Because today is the day we find out the fate of, Mike Levi Mitchell. The man who took away an entire year of my best friends life... I hope he rots in hell.

"Kitten!, are you ready?". "We have to go or we're going to be late".

"Yeah!, just grabbing my purse".

"Are you ok, I know today's a big deal".

"I'm fine, Gavin". "I just want to get it over with so my friend doesn't have to live in fear anymore".

"She is well protected, Kitten". "Between, Matt and myself and the guy's at the club, she has nothing to worry about". "I promise you".

"I know, babe". "I just worry about her".

"I know you do, Kitten". "Let's go get this day over with".

We head out the door to meet, Matt and, Ember at the court house.

When we got there, Ember was a complete mess. She looked terrified huddled up into, Matt. I look over at, Ember with a sympathetic look in my eyes.

"It's going to be ok, Babe". "You got this".

"I-I know, im just not feeling well". "I want this to just be over with".

"We all do babe". "Come on, let's go make sure that bastard stays behind bars".

We walk into the packed court room and find a place to sit near the front. Mike is sitting with his lawyer going through their paperwork. The judge walks in and everyone rises then sit's.

"Everyone may be seated".

As we sit waiting for the judge to proceed I noticed, Mike look over at, Ember with an expression halfway between wanting and devilishly dirty that sends chill bumps up my spine, along with a wink in her direction.