Prologue

India (Indy)

"Hey fat ass......" I looked from inside of my locker and saw Kayleigh walk by me, with Michelle.

Kayleigh & Michelle

Kayleigh & Michelle

I hate them.....

Kayleigh was the captain of the cheer squad, messing with Jawan Michelin, captain of the football team. Kayleigh was that egotistical, self centered bitch and I hate her. Michelle followed right along with her.....she became another bitch I grew to hate. Kayleigh saw me sneering at them and stopped to look at me.

"What the fuck you looking at, Dumbo?" I ain't say shit.

I learned not to respond to bitches who be looking to start shit. I ignored her and looked back in my locker to grab my math book and sketch pad.

My only friend.....

"I forgot you mute too. Ain't that something? Dumb and mute. Retard......" Kayleigh snickered.

"Fat ass losers that ain't got no friends, don't needa talk to nobody anyways....." Michelle said next to her.

That stung.....

It always does.....

I let out a quiet breath and closed my locker, it hurt because I knew Michelle for a while. I knew her since elementary, we used to play together.

I thought we were friends......but.....

Puberty happened for her in middle school. Michelle got prettier and popular......I got heavier and I guess, uglier. I didn't fit in like the other girls, who were maturing. Michelle liked the attention she was getting from the boys, the more popular girls wanted to be her friend. Michelle dropped me like a fly and then, I didn't have one single friend.

I was the fat ugly girl, that dressed in baggy clothes to hide the rolls and fat. The stupid one, that can barely pass math. The weird girl who didn't talk and just......drew in the back of the class. I took in another deep breath and walked away, fighting back the hurt. I wasn't gonna cry, I could do that in my room. Away from bitches like them.

"Ohh.....she's sad.....you gon run to your lil special place....? The only friend you got.....?" I took my headphones out and plugged them in my phone and in my ears. I'd do the next best thing and listen to my music and just draw, before my first class started. I could hear Kayleigh and Michelle laughing and I walked through the mess hall, to the courtyard.

Walking across the small field, I went to the tree that I always sat under. Putting my bookbag down, I sat and opened my sketch book. Mary J. was singing with her soulful voice and I finished my drawing.

I like to draw and I guess I'm pretty good, too. Drawing helped me with that loneliness, nobody was my friend and drawing with the music in my ears was enough for me.