The pool day

June 23rd 1962
I wake up the next morning to giggles around me before feeling someone's grip tighten around my waist. I turn around and see Benny still sleeping lying there next to me with his arm just above my butt. I look up and see all of the boys standing there looking at us laughing.

"I thought they weren't dating"
"Oh Lilly I love you"
"Oh kiss me Benny"
"The new couple everybody"
"Lilly and Benny K I S S I N G"

I roll my eyes and throw a glove that was laying beside me at them all before grabbing Bennys arm and moving it.

Squints: Oww
Bertram: Shit I forgot she was a pitcher
Ham: Sometimes I forget she's a girl
Benny: shut up guys

He says it in a morning raspy voice and sits up. We all sit in the treehouse for an hour or so. At 8:00 we all go and throw our stuff in our houses and grab our baseball stuff and run back to sandlot. We all play till 4:00 when everyone walks home. I walk with Benny and Smalls. Smalls leaves and I kiss Benny on the cheek and go into my house. I eat dinner and spend time with my mom before going to bed.

                               June 29th 1962

We all spent a week playing baseball everyday at the Sandlot. Today we all went early but had no ball so we sent Squints and Yeah yeah to go and get one from Vincent's. After about 20 minutes they finally get back by yeah yeah dragging Squints.

Benny: we're have you guys been we've been waiting forever already
Yeah yeah: ahh Squints was per-vin a dish
Squints: shut up I wasn't
Yeah yeah: yeah yeah you were, your tongue was hanging out of your head and you was swoonin. Oh Wendy Peffercorn my darling lover girl ohh.
Squints: I said shut up. I got a lot of things on my mind

He walks into the dugout before grabbing a soda and sitting down.

Ham: this pop isn't working Benny, I'm baking like a toaster cheezer it's so hot out here
Squints: it's 150 degrees out Benny, you can't play baseball.
You: it's just heat guys since when had that bothered you all it was only like 20 degrees less yesterday.
Kenny: this is too much guys
Timmy: we're dying out here
Tommy: we're dying out here

Benny: vote then, anybody who wants to be, a can't hack it, panty waist, who wears there mommas bra. Raise there hand.

Everybody but me raises there hand and agrees as I roll my eyes.

Benny: fine! Fine! Fine! Be like that. So what are we gonna do.

Everyone looks at each other as yeah yeah laughs

All: Scam Pool Honeys!
You: you can't say that we all know if a girl came up to you would all piss yourself.
Ham: we're talking to a girl right now
You: that's different if Wendy Peffercorn came up to you your telling me you would all start talking to her.
Ham: well no
You: that's what I thought now can we just get to the pool.

They all yell yeah before running off to there houses.

You: I'll race ya

I say as I take off running and see Benny start running behind me. I start laughing as running even faster before getting to my lawn before him.

You: and look who wins again
Benny: only because you cheated
You: I didn't cheat maybe if you were quicker you could've beat me.
Benny: maybe if you started correctly I could've beat you.
You: nope no excuses by the way this is the third time not keeping count or anything.
Benny: shut up and go grab your bathing suit