Pickle

July 24th 1962

A couple days after all of the boys stopped acting like big shots they all swore off the hard stuff forever and decided to just stick to bazooka. And today was the first day since everyone got back together.

I woke up late to the sound of banging on my window so I peaked through the blinds and see Benny standing there so I open it and he climbs in.

You: I know I know I slept in
Benny: ya we already got the ball hurry up.
You: shut the blinds

He does and I grab a flannel that was sitting on my chair and some jeans.
Outfit

I change in front of Benny but I don't even care anymore

I change in front of Benny but I don't even care anymore. I turn around to see him staring at me.

You: earth to Benny

He snaps out of it and walks close to me putting his hands on my waist and pulling closer to him.

Benny: is that my flannel?
You: I don't know I just grabbed it now come on I'm already late
Benny: I'm sure they can wait a little longer
You: Benny come on

He smiles and pulls me in for a kiss and I can't help it so I kiss back before quickly pulling away.

You: no no no we have to go
Benny: ugh

He groans and I pull away from my grip before grabbing my glove and walking out the door without him. I continue walking before my feet lift off the ground and I'm on someone's shoulder I look down to see Benny holding me.

You: Benny! Stopppppp

I hear him laugh as he continues to walk, once we get to the sandlot he puts me down but before I could walk away he pulls me to him and kisses me once again. I hear all of the other boys complain and groan and I pull away.

Squints: get a room
Yeah yeah: yeah yeah go make out somewhere else
Benny: let's just get to the game
You: why are you all watching anyways
Ham: well maybe if you kept your tongues in your own mouth we wouldn't have to see it.

I roll my eyes before walking to out field and Benny goes to home plate. Everyone runs into there positions and Kenny goes to the mound before throwing the heater. Benny makes contact with the ball it sores into the air and we all watch as the skin comes off of it and the inside flys towards Smalls who catches it. Everyone runs to the skin and we all stand in a circle surrounding it.

Kenny: bitchin
Benny: nah it ain't
Squints: come on Benny man maybe 2 or 3 guys in history have ever busted the guts out of a ball. Must be a omen.
Benny: all it means is that we can't play no more, I mean it's only 12 a clock. And I just ruined the whole day for us.

I could tell Benny was pissed so I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest before feeling his arm wrap around my shoulder.

Kenny: no you didn't that's the most amazing thing I ever saw
Yeah yeah: yeah
You: it is pretty amazing Ben
Benny: anybody got any money
All: no