* 03 *

Entering the trial clearing I looked around, petrified. There were 12 huge cages and it looked like we'd be locked in them.

Ant and Dec quickly explain the trial, we'd all be locked behind a gate each, then we had to move the stars along the line of us, either with our hands or with a magnet.

And thank the lord I had a magnet.

We had to move them from one end of the line to the other, hoping to collect as many as we could by the end of the 14 minutes we had.

And as we got into our cages, I looked down the line.

Shane was first, then Jess, then Giovanna, then me, then AJ, Vernon, Hollie, Bev, Jordan, Victoria, Perri then Mo was on the end to drop the stars in the tube.

I jump up and down as we wait for everyone to be ready. Partly to calm my nerves and partly because I'd taken my gilet off to protect from the bugs they'd no doubt pour on us. And I was bloody freezing.

'Okay. You can start the trial when you hear the claxon.' I move my magnet into place ready for the stars to come through.

'HERE WE GO!!' The claxon goes and as I'm bent down, a huge bucket of cockroaches are dumped from the ceiling.

'AHSKAHSJSH.' I scream, jumping around again, just like everyone else as I dust off my hair and shoulders as quickly as I can.

Desperate to make sure they stay away from my underwear for as long as possible.

Shane and Jess move the first star quickly and within a minute it is through into mine. 'AJ, AJ.' I move it very quickly, moving back to wait as it gets into a constant flow of stars from there.

And a constant flow of bugs whenever there's a star in your box. 'Oh my god. They're in MY BRA!!' I can hear laughter from the end of the line as Mo, Perri and Jordan haven't had a star yet.

'Mother of God.' I huff, quickly getting the stars through as quick as I can. And by the time 12 minutes have passed Shane, Jess, Giovanna, Me and AJ have all finished.

And I can start getting the bugs off me as I cheer the second half of the line on. 'You got this guys!!!'

'1 minute left! 7 stars so far!' Dec shouts, Mo speeding up.

'Ooh look at that! 8 stars! Can we get one more!? 30 seconds!' Ant yells, and I can see them getting excited.

'Come on Pel, come on Mo!' We all scream.

'YESS!!! At the last second! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 stars! Well done everybody!!' We all start screaming and jumping around at Ant and Decs words, finally getting released from the cages as Jess, Gio and I help each other dust off all the creepy crawlies.

'I know we only met today and this is really forward, but I'm gonna have to have a look down my bra I'm really sorry.' I shake my head, turning towards them as I flap my long navy t-shirt about, both of them absolutely howling in laughter.

'Sorry if a nipple pops out.' I laugh and they chuckle harder.

'Oh my gosh.' Gio laughs loudly, pulling me into a side cuddle once we were all done and stood back in a group on the ground.

'How did it feel?'

'Disgusting, stinky.' Vernon shakes his head as we all laugh, jumping around like we've got ants in our pants.

And to be honest, we probably could have. Who knows.

'Okay. 9 stars out of a possible 12. We'll let you go back and enjoy your first night in camp. Well done everybody. See you all later.' We all cheer, waving as we head back up the hill and into the castle, at least 10 times smellier than we were when we left.

'Right, let's go and debug.' Bev says and we all head into the courtyard to get rid of everything and I help Perri go through his hair.

'Jesus I'm gonna be here until tomorrow.'

I groan, Perri laughing as I sift through his gigantic afro.

'Please just make sure there's nothing in there. I don't wanna eat anything in my sleep.' I frown at the boy, turning between him and Jordan next to him a few times.

'I'm sorry what?' I laugh loudly, Jordan howling too. 'Did you not know that!? Apparently everyone in their lifetime eats like 30 bugs in their sleep.' My jaw drops.

'No no no no. You're not gonna scare me like that on our first bloody night.' I see him laughing from where he's still got his head facing the floor and I'm almost done with his hair.

'I'm dead serious! I saw it on the news.' He argues and I laugh again. 'Oh yeah because the news never lies.'

'Oh shut up.' He pushes me away as I flip his hair back and I grin, smiling sweetly as I turn my back so he and Jordan can sort my hair out.

And 2 hours later, we hear the dinner bell go, realising we have to pull the basket down.

'As a result of you all winning 9 stars in tonight's trial, you have Rabbit.' My jaw drops.

'I am not eating thumper.'

I hold my hand up, Bev nodding as Mo giggles slightly.

Hollie and Victoria take charge of doing the food, telling us what to do as we all help.

And for some reason, every single scene of bambi runs through my head as I stare at the dead rabbit meat whilst I help Mo do the rice.

'Smashed it.' We hi-five, having a chat about his gold medals and his man-cave. 'Which ones the favourite?' I ask and he tilts his head before he answers after a minute. 'Definitely London 2012. 10,000.' I grin.

'Super Saturday. I was there.' He smiles too. 'Really!?'

'Yeah! It was the most insane night, ever. I remember there was like 16 of us, families from my school that got tickets went together and were sat along two rows and we just had the best night. We were on the track side and just the atmosphere was mental.' I shake my head as I thought back to 8 years ago.

'It was. I don't think it sunk in, what had happened that day though. It took a good few months.' I nodded, chuckling. 'I'm not suprised! It's literally the greatest moment in sport, ever!'

It ended up tasting alright, but I still wasn't too happy that I had to eat a pet I had when I was 12. 'Is this what you imagined it'd be?' Shane suddenly asked everyone as we ate. Perri, Vernon, Bev and I sat on the log to his left. 'No.' We all shook our heads almost immediately. Except Victoria.

'I kind of thought it'd be a bit magical. And it is really magical.' Shane turns to frown at her.

'Never been to Disney then.'

I almost spit out my food as I burst out laughing, nearly choking as Shane laughs at me laughing at him.

'Jesus Christ. Shane! I nearly died.' Perri and Vernon laugh as Bev rubs my back motheringly.

And almost straight afterwards, everyone decided it was time for bed, and we all made sure to have a little cuddle with someone before we went to sleep.

And if I'm honest I was just praying there were no ghosts that would wake me up in the middle of the night.

Which is exactly what I thought happened at about 3am.

But no.

It was just Sir Mo Farah.

Falling out of his hammock.

'Oh my god. You alright?' I tried to ask quietly, barely awake.

But it looked like he'd already fallen back asleep, still on the floor.

'Alright. Good chat.' I mumble, turning around to drift back to sleep again.