NIGHTMARE

"back off

"back off."

I WAS WALKING HOME enjoying the nice fresh air.. inhaling the warm summer scent, i then hear screaming.. i take an earbud out of my ear and i see if it was an actual scream. my question is answered when i hear a louder, more terrifying one.. i stand there for a moment debating on whether i should check on it or not.. i choose to go after it, they keep getting louder and louder.. i keep walking and walking.. I'm in the woods now, moving tree branches out of the way and i try to be as quiet as possible on the leaves on the ground, it sounds like the screams are right in my head.. i finally made it.. it lead me to the school.. i walk closer and closer to where i heard the screams and continue to hear them. I stop in my tracks at what i had seen. a presence comes up and around me, i look to see who it is and its Henry. "why so scared, Zara?" i squeeze my eyes shut as i try to block it out.. but then a presence brushes against my shoulder, sending a shiver of fear down my spine.. i look over my shoulder to see my dad, holding a beer bottle and raises it as if he was going to hit me, i turn away quickly and try to block my head. the voices were gone.. and i walk a few steps more and around the corner to where i see Beverly, Ben, Eddie, Richie, Stan and Bill's dead bodies.. tears immediately blur my vision at the graphic sight. i let out a raggedy, shuddered breath.. i go up to Richie's body and i try to hold his body close to mine but failed when his body just evaporates... gone. i go to Stan's as more tears fall out of my eyes. i try to touch him when my hand goes right through it and his body goes into thin air aswell.. i let out a quiet sob when i try to hug Bill.. just like the others.. gone.. i hear henry and my dad's voices over and over again in my head. i tug at my hair as i let out a scream.. i open my eyes quickly and I'm back in my home.. i look around and I'm covered in sweat. i try to catch my escalated breath.

i try to forget about the nightmare i had last night.. it just seemed so real, and the worst part is, is that if i tell anyone they would think I'm crazy. i sigh and i just go outside to take a walk.. i just think about life recently.. how happy i am that i actually found people.. my people.

i was on my way home from the walk when i hear a voice call my name. i turn to see Beverly running towards me.. i furrow my eyebrows at why she would want to talk to me.. "hey.." she smiles at me, catching her breath. "hey?" i try to avoid eye contact, "well, can i help you?" i break the awkward moment of silence. "yeah, yeah you can actually." she puts her hands on her hips to hold her balance. "what is it?" i mentally curse myself to giving in. "you need to back off of Bill." I scoff at her words. "what?" i shake my head at her foolishness. "yeah. he doesn't want you. at all." she tells me, "and how do you know this?" i wonder. "he said. 'Zara's needy and thinks shes all that when really shes just fucking annoying'." she puts air quotation marks over what he had said. "okay. if that's what he wants.. ill back off, not a problem." i wave her off before walking quickly to my house, fighting the tears forming in my eyes.. how could he do that? i opened up to him.. about everything. he was the first person i thought i could actually trust, i thought we worked.. with everything. but no. i was just a game to him. he doesn't give a shit about me.

Authors Note

hii! sorry this is a super short chapter, i feel really bad about it but i hope you enjoyed!

Sophi <3