Never ending pain

He woke up midday like he always did. His bedroom floor wasn't to be seen due to the flooding of empty bottles and cans, clothes and dinner bowls, barely able to tip-toe through it. He managed to find a clean enough jumper to wear, leaving his joggers on and grabbing odd socks from the floor before heading out of his suffocating room. The rest of the house was silent and empty, the only decoration was mirrors and dusty photo frames in which he had to turn around so he couldn't look at them any longer. He stumbled down the stairs, with alcohol still in his system, grabbing his worn out shoes and keys when he slammed open his front door and leaving the house.

The streets never had any feeling to them when walking down it, everyone blocking each-other from their atmosphere and doing their own thing. He felt unusually at peace with it since he had felt worse moods. The sound of his laces clapping against the floor was all he would concentrate on, jogging down the stairs to the train station and pulling out a crumbled ticket he used yesterday, forgetting he slept with it in his pocket. He entered the tube, passing the ticket over and found an empty seat by the back. Watching the scenery go by at full speed.

The doors opened and he jumped out, patting his pockets and rushing over to the vending machine where he grabbed an energy drink and some snacks, walking up some stairs to another big city. This time the air was filled with the smell of foods, sound of people laughing and chatting with busy cars in the background. He looked around to the small corner café and strutted over, pulling out his last dollar note and brought a hot sausage roll which he would have with the rest of the snacks. He sat down by the food stands, munching on his lunch and viewing the people going about with their lives. Also admiring the musicians which would play around on the side-walks, earning much money that he wouldn't believe. He nodded his head to the music, swallowing the last of his food and taking time to wash it down with his drink.

As the time went on, he found himself chewing the warm gum he found in his joggers pocket and walking around the city until he found a face he recognised. He smiled, sprinted over and patted their back which made them jump. Their identical faces met and both started to laugh, hugging each-other and asking how one is. They sat down by the shops and caught up as it has been ages since they had seen each-other face to face. The red hoodie the person was wearing popping out their baby blue eyes and white teeth. He enjoyed the comfort while he can until the person had to go, suggesting seeing each-other again which of course he agreed to.

Once he found himself alone, that was the time he sat down in the alleyway, counting the coins he had left when he felt another presence behind him. Something cold yet aching, something he had felt before... He shoved the remaining coins in his pocket and swung his head around to view what may have been behind him. Nothing. He blinked, looking down and shrugging it off when a sharp object was pressed into his lower back, a rough hand on his shoulder were it gripped tight so he couldn't pull away from the pain. He shouted out, eyes squeezed shut and mouth wide open. The weapon was pulled out, earning a grunt from him until another was thrown into his stomach. Giggled erupted his hearing, finding himself light-headed and falling backwards onto the cold, concrete door. The lunch he had being pushed out as he puked from the stab marks, lying in a pool withed with his own vomit and blood. Someone came into view, their green eyes and white teeth making him shiver and whimper. Their laughing strongly getting louder until that was the only thing he could hear, falling into his fatal state.

"The pain is never ending Brody."