Lost causes

The hooded person quickened his pace down the dimmed road. No one was around which wasn't surprising considering it was past midnight on a weekdays early morning. The road was filled with puddles which was reflected by the street lights above, nothing but the wind and trees rustling was heard. His breath evaporated through cold steam that faded within his reach, his eyes glued to the floor when something lit up behind him causing his head to whip round. There was a small, red car zooming by with a group of young males shouting out and laughing loudly with beaming music making him huff under his breath and carried on walking down the pathways. His hands were stuffed in his jeans, hoodie covering most of his face due to the lack of brightness around and his shoes clapping against the damp concrete. He was half expecting some sort of crime going on down this edgy way, concerned that none isn't... Whenever he'd go on patrol there would always be a few hassles down here seeing that it is fairly rough and narrowing. Perfect for muggers or jumpers to attack some people. That wasn't until his footsteps started to echo behind him, something very unusual to hear when out alone. He tries to ignore it but he swore he felt something hover across his back which made him rush round, heavily breathing and eyes frantically searching for the source of his awareness. There was nothing there. He came to a stop, needing to take a breather for his short term panic, bending over and taking a big whoop of the air before smelling... copper and metal.

"I- what?" He mumbled to himself, taking another sniff before stumbling back. As he did so something pressed against his ankles, making him tumble down in which he accidently sliced his knee open. His teeth grinded together at the harsh sensation, giving out a small hiss before looking upon the pathway through his glassy eyes. Now he was certain there is some sort of presence surrounding him.

"Who's out there?" He shouted out in a deep, pained voice that cracked often, reflecting his fear.

"Show yourself now!" He didn't give up though. The time he stood up, his fists were out. "Come on! Stop being a pussy and show yourse-" Something made him stop. It's like something just sliced off his cords and he couldn't speak for himself. Instead a voice spoke for him.

"Still so petty. It's quite sad..." His eyes widened, his mouth open but not being able to let out a single sound. His hands clashed around his neck, panicking badly.

"Tut tut... awwww... The strong mighty hero is finally breaking through to show the fookin baby he is!" The voice screamed in his ear, causing his head to turn around once again and faced a familiar face he was known to be chasing. His eyes narrowed at it.

"We meet once again." It smirked with the green eyes and pale skin. "Once before wasn't enough. Now the others have gone I came to play with you! How exciting" It giggled sickly.

"Oh Jackie... Remember it was only us? Now it is." Jackie just gritted his teeth, being held back by the persons grip against him before he managed to squeak out something.

"Fu-Fuck you Anti..." His voice was pained and broken, causing Anti to smirk against his neck.

"Ahahaa. I know..." He began to laugh before his voice went deep and threatening. He used his hand to grip around Jackie's neck, throwing him up him and keeping him there until he saw the life falling out of his eyes. Jackie clawed at his hands, trying to kick Anti but he only added on to the pain.

"I thought we were going to have fun like old times..." Anti frowned at Jackie. "Now I have to go alone again..."

It has been weeks since Anti's visit and the hero hasn't been seen. Dead? Disappeared? Scared...? No one knows. All we know is that there are secretly a few egos left and Anti is onto them.