Are You Ready?

It was early dawn when Cocoa, Mouse, Shadow and Dusty had left. Blazewing was eating a leftover vole in the clearing when Scorchfire walked over. She purred as she settled down by him. He wrapped his tail around her and licked her cheek. "How are you this morning?" Scorchfire affectionately looked at him and licked his shoulder fur. "I'm fine. I've been feeling tired though. Must have been that long walk last night." Blazewing looked at her, eyes full of worry. "I want you to see Spottedleap. I don't want you sick. Scorchfire rolled her eyes but went in the direction of the medicine den.

   Warriors began to come out of the den and surround Blazewing. Tawnystar had come out from her den and began to come into the clearing when she all of a sudden collapsed. Spottedleap, who had followed her pricked her ears and leapt down to her. She nosed her then raced to her den. Cinderkit stumbled out a couple moments after Spottedleap went in. She ran to Tawnystar as fast as her tiny legs could run. She laid a couple of herbs beside her and placed her ears on Tawnystar's chest fur. Spottedleap ran over and lightly shoved Cinderkit over.

    Blazewing shook his head and turned his attention to the cats. Scorchfire padded out a few moments later and came over tothe rest of the cats. "Blazewing! I'll lead the dawn patrol. I haven't been on one in a while." Blazewing blinked at her and nodded. He lashed his tail. "Alright, I want Swanfur, Mistlight, Willowlight, and Greyfoot to go with Scorchfire. I will lead a small patrol over to the beech trees and try to hunt for a bit. I will take Storkheart, Darkstrike, Thornmist and Shadefeather. Alright, the first four cats go with Scorchfire and the last four come with me. And, um, Heatherclaw! I also want you to come. Alright, let's go everyone." 

   Once the patrols were over, it was almost sun high. Tawnystar was stumbling after Spottedleap, Patchpaw and Splashpaw. Blazewing gave his prey to Heatherclaw and ran after them. He pressed up against Tawnystar to support her when she all of a sudden collapsed heavily just fox lengths away from the entrance of the medicine den. "Spottedleap! She collapsed again!" Blazewing wailed. Spottedleap pricked her ears and turned to them. She hissed when she saw that Tawnystar was down and leapt to her. She pressed her ear to Tawnystar's chest then started breathing heavily. "Tawnystar! Please! Wake up!" Tawnystar remained where she was. Blazewing sat down heavily and looked down. Spottedleap looked at Tawnstar, lashing her tail in hope. Tawnystar let out a small breath then gasped. Spottedleap pricked her ears and tilted her head. She bent down and whispered in her ear. "Wait, how many lives do you have left?" 

    Tawnystar looked up and blinked. "Um, who are you?" Spottedleap flattened her ears. "I-I'm your daughter. Spottedleap? Your little kit? Do you remember me?"

  Tawnystar blinked then tensed. "Oh, my precious Spottedleap. I do remember you." Tawnystar tried to push herself up then laid back down. Patchpaw and Splashpaw came up to her and nuzzled her. "We're your other kits, Patchpaw and Splashpaw." Tawnystar looked at them and purred. "I have all my kits. Wait, where is Darkstrike?" Darkstrike bounded up and nuzzled Tawnystar. "I'm here, mother. I always will be." Tawnystar purred and pushed herself up. "Good because we have two new warriors among us. Come on my lovelies."

  Tawnystar leapt onto the Shadowrock. "Let all cats old enough to gather their own prey gather beneath the Shadowrock!" Once everyone was gathered beneath in the clearing, she went on. "I, Tawnystar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Patchpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Splashpaw nodded eagerly. "I do!" Tawnystar leapt down and continued. "Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Splashpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Splashclaw. StarClan honors your courage and skill in battle, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan." She laid her muzzle on Splashckaw's head and Splashclaw licked her shoulder in respect and stepped by her former mentor, Ivyheart.

  Patchpaw stepped forward and looked up at Tawnystar. "I, Tawnystar, leader of ShadowClan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Patchpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Patchpaw nodded. "I do!" Tawnystar purred and continued. Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Patchpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Patchtail. StarClan honors your courage and bravery. We welcome you as a full member of Shadowclan." Tawnystar laid her muzzle on Patchtail's head and Patchtail licked Tawnystar's shoulder in respect.

 "Splashclaw! Patchtail!" The clan cheered. Spottedleap padded around them purring in delight. Tawnystar puffed out her chest proudly. "The meeting is over." She walked to Blazewing and laid her tail around his shoulders. "Come with me." She beckoned him and Spottedleap to follow her.

   The three of them sat down in her den. Tawnystar breathed heavily then spoke slowly. "Blazewing, Spottedleap. I have something to tell you. I am on my last three lives. Blazewing, are you ready to lead any time soon?"