The Arrival Of Duchess Rowena

A carriage rode up the hills and came to a stop in front of the castle.

A short man wearing a dark purple and milk colored suit, highlighted from it.

He walked to the door and set out a red carpet in front of it.

"My Lady." He said and opened the door, which fell off its hinges. "Oh!"

A lady dress in a grey poofy gown came down from the carriage.

"Thank you, Desmond."

The man, Desmond, struggled to fix the door of the carriage.

"Desmond, my things."

"Oh." Desmond rushed to pick up his Mistress's luggage.

A grey monkey came down from the carriage, carrying a suitcase.

Then he saw Desmond, carrying a large bundle of suitcases, ran to the top of the carriage, and dropped his own suitcase on top, making the luggage more heavy for Desmond.

"Whoa. Huh?" Desmond looked up confused when he saw another suitcase.

The monkey laughed at him, making Desmond glare.

"And the carriage, my Lady?"

"Oh, we won't be needing it again." The woman said smirking, then walked forward to the castle, Desmond and her monkey behind her, the carriage they came in falling apart finally.

A Royal staff met her at the entrance.

"Welcome, Duchess Rowena. The king is expecting you." He greeted her.

"Yes, he is." The monkey suddenly jumped out from behind The Duchess, making the Royal staff scream in fright.

"Heavens!"

"Well don't tell me The king doesn't have his own monkey?" Rowena asked in surprise.

"Uh, no, Your Grace." The man awkwardly replied

"Well, they're quite popular this year. Come, Brutus." She said to the monkey and they both walked into the castle.

Rowena walked into the castle and came to stand in front of Isabella's portrait.

She starts touching the late Queen's trinkets when King Randolph walked out to meet his guest.

"Rowena, good of you to come on such short notice." He said happily.

"Happy to be of service, dear cousin. I'm looking forward to my time here." Rowena replied.

"Come, meet my daughters. They're waiting for you."

Randolph took her to the ballroom where the girls all lines up, in order of their birth.

"Ashlyn, the eldest." Randolph introduced and Ashlyn curtsied.

"Welcome, Your Grace."

"Glad to be here, my dear." Rowena replied.

"Blair, the second eldest." She curtsied.

"Is that mud on your skirt?" Rowena asked and Blair looked down to the stain on her skirt.

"I was out riding."

"Courtney." Courtney was off in the little world of her book when Blair tapped her.

"Oh. Hello."

"Yes. Hello."

"Delia and Edeline."

"Your Grace."

"Greetings, Your Ladyship."