A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY IN A MAGICAL WAY, LITERALLY

The older girls all wake up early in the morning and stood around the triplets, as they were sleeping sweetly in their beds.

[Y/N]:
Today it is your birthday, and we sing to let you know
That you will be queen for the day
Whatever you say goes

The triplets all woke up, smiling happily.

“Happy birthday, girls.” Genevieve greeted.

The older girls all arranged chairs in a circle for the triplets to sit on and they sang and twirled around them, throwing flowers. With Ashlyn playing the flute and Fallon playing the harp.

The girls failed to see a certain grey monkey watching them from outside their window.

ELDER GIRLS:
We spin for Janessa
And chasse for you, Kathleen
We pirouette for Lacey
And we bow before the queens
We sing because we love you and we sing to let you know
That you will be queen for the day...

“You're late.” Rowena entered the room, interrupting the girls.

“Your Grace, we were celebrating a special birthday.” [Y/n] answered.

“That’s no excuse. Until you learn etiquette, the celebrations will wait.”

“But we were just dancing. Mother made it a family tradition.” Genevieve protested.

“And sadly your mommy isn't here any more, is she? And I am responsible for your upbringing. Dancing is forbidden. Strictly forbidden. And please don't sing. It's out too.”

“But it's our birthday.” Lacey said sadly.

“A princess does not talk back. No dancing until you know how to act like royalty.”

That night, the triplets sat sadly in their room.

“Where's Papa? He’s never forgotten our birthday.” Lacey asked sadly.

“We still have a present for you.” Ashlyn said, walking up to the triplets.

“When we turned five, Mother gave each of us a copy of her favorite story.” Genevieve said, holding three books with each of the triplets’ flowers on the cover.

“She had one made for each daughter.” Ashlyn said, showing her own book, as the other  girls also lifted their  copies.

Lacey opened her book and read out the title.

“The dancing Princess".

"So the princess danced on each of the special stones, then, on the 13th one, she twirled three times and a secret door opened." Genevieve said as she read the story aloud to  the triplets.

“Where did it go?” Janessa asked intrigued.

"She walked through a glowing light into a magic land with trees of silver and gold, flowers made of jewels. Across the lake was a golden pavilion. The princess danced and danced to her heart's content. She wanted to stay forever, but that was not to be. The magic land vanished after the third night. The princess was heartbroken, until she realized she had brought some magic back with her, and it was hers to keep forever." Genevieve said finishing the story.

“What kind of magic?” Janessa asked.

“How did she do it?” Kathleen added.

“It doesn't say.” Genevieve replied.

[Y/n] helped Lacey down from the bed, and then she tripped, bumping into Lacey, making  her book fall out of her hands.

“Oops, sorry Lacey.” [Y/n] apologized.