29

TRIGGER WARNING-scroll to bottom

YOU ALLOW YOURSELF THE REST OF the weekend to wallow, spending most of it in your room with Theo, Lux or both. Draco had been trying to see you through Lux, but at your request, she didn't allow him anywhere near. You presumed Blaise was helping also, because there's no chance Lux would have been able to stop him on her own.

Come Monday morning, you approach the Great Hall, ready for breakfast and a day of classes ahead.

Lux walks with you, hand in hand. You see the familiar sight of a platinum blond head walking towards you. She tightens her grip on you, so you turn to her. "It's okay, Lux. I'll speak to him."

She sighs. "Okay, but I'll be waiting at the entrance to the hall for you."

"Okay. I'll not be long." She smiles and reluctantly let's go of your hand, as you turn and walk to the edge of the hall, under an alcove. He watches you like a hawk and follows you.

"Hello, love." He says gently.

"Hi, Draco." You smile and awkwardly look down to the floor.

"Bec, I just need to know if you're okay. I've been so worried about you. I'm so sorry, if I had of known what would happen I never would have left your side. I shouldn't have left you anyway, I was being an arrogant git. I understand if you don't want to talk to me right now, but please, don't give up on us." He reaches out and tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear. "We're forever and always, right?"

You lean into his hand, you had really missed his touch. The warmth of his skin contrasting with the cool of his rings never failed to send shivers down your spine.

"I just need some time, Draco. I'm not ready to forgive you yet. If it weren't for Theo, I don't know what would have happened."

"I know, you're right. I'll wait forever for you, if I have to."

You nod at him, changing the subject. "How's the task going?"

"I've got the mead ready. I just need to get it to Dumbledore."

"Okay, that's good. Well, I guess I'll catch up with you later. Lux is waiting for me."

"You're killing me, Bec. Please don't go."

"Draco, please. Try to understand. I have to go, I'm sorry." You turn away from him and walk towards Lux, squeezing your eyes shut. A single tear falls down your cheek as you reach where she's standing, but before she can pity you anymore, you wipe it away and stand tall with your shoulders pushed back. You weren't weak, and you refused to be perceived that way.

You make it through the rest of your day without Draco cornering you, but at dinner, he approaches the table. "Nott, could I have a word?" His eyes flick to yours for a moment before coming back to Theo.

"Yeah, mate. No problem." Theo gets up from the table and widens his eyes at you before walking off with Draco.

"That's the first time in months those two have been within 100 yards of each other and Nott hasn't ended up with a bloodied nose." Blaise says, laughing.

"What the hell do you think he wants to talk about?" You ask, lowering your voice so only Blaise and Lux could hear.

"Well, if it were me, I would be on my knees fucking thanking him. That's what he should be doing. But, knowing Malfoy? It could be anything." Blaise remarks. This was the first time you'd seen him genuinely angry with Draco.

"I mean, you're right, Blaise. He should be thanking him. And Bec, you have every right to be angry with him. But, if he knew what was going to happen, do you honestly think he would have left? That boy would kill for you." Her words struck you like a knife in your heart. She was right, and he was going to kill for you. He was going to kill the most powerful wizard of all time to protect you from the most powerful dark wizard of all time. "I know he's a wanker 90% of the time, but just by the way he looks at you. I know he'd never intentionally harm you. In fact he would harm himself before he let anything happen to you."