XXVII

"It's her!" Camila pulls off her seatbelt and nearly stumbles out of the door, tripping over the ledge of the car. "Stay here." She waves frantically at her mom, because she wants to thank her again before she leaves but her heart is also forcefully taking control of her body.

Nearly falling over herself as she's taking strides that are too long for her legs, Camila runs down the little hill. Past the beach she napped on several months ago, her feet begin to hammer on the wooden dock as she crosses over.

Lauren, who seems to be arguing with some man nearby, perks at the noise and turns her head. Her entire face lights up and her arms naturally open. Immediately forgetting the man, she rushes forward and Camila crashes into her arms, squeezing her as tightly and as close as possible.

Camila almost expects herself to wake up before Lauren's body slammed into her own, like this is all just a dream. But it doesn't. It's very much real.

Camila's hands grasp immediately to the back of her shirt, sitting near her lower back. Holding her there steadily, she never wants to go. Her brain is racing, but she's keeping it still to savor Lauren in this moment. Everything hits her so fast; it's like a hurricane washing over her again and again, yet she's enjoying the storm. She's dancing in this rain.

Breathing heavy into her shoulder, Lauren exhales a sigh of joy. She pulls away from Camila, her fingers burying in her hair as she holds her face in her palms.

"Oh, Camz." Lauren murmurs, keeping her face close as she inspects Camila. "How are you?"

Camila doesn't respond. She simply exhales a giddy laugh, holding onto Lauren's forearms. They sway slightly at the sight of each other so close. Lauren beams at the sound of Camila's laughter, tilting her head as she grins.

"I missed you." Camila coos. Lauren bites her bottom lip before wrapping Camila in her arms once again.

Lauren's nose and forehead are pressed into Camila's neck and she leans into them. "I missed you, too. So, so much, Camz. You got to tell me everything about the time we missed."

Humming softly, Camila trails her hands up to push Lauren from her slightly. "Later, okay?" She pulls her in with her hand on her nape, fingers lost up in her hair. Kissing was never something Camila ever thought she would have the privilege of missing.

Yet here she is, melting into the mouth of her lover in plain sight. And she's giggling because of it.

Lauren is first to part from Camila, a lopsided smile on her lips. "Later for that. I can't stop looking at you, even to kiss you. I'm just so..." she trails off, little hearts floating in her eyes. "You came back."

"I said I would, right?" Camila chuckles with slight confusion, her hands sliding down to rest on Lauren's waist.

"I was worried!" Lauren exclaims, reaching out to cup Camila's face again. Camila leans into her open palms and hums contently. When Camila smiles, Lauren breaks into relieving laughter. "I didn't want to have to wait another month."

Then the door of the marina swings shut and it wouldn't have ever wavered Camila's attention if she didn't hear oh so familiar bickering.

"—and if you had an ounce of common sense, you'd know the ships would be coming in since it will be summer-start soon." A voice that can only be Normani's mutters. Her boots are heavy on the wooden dock.

"I didn't know! And it is not my lack of common sense." Dinah is of course next, her voice defensive.

Ally is next to follow and by now, Camila has turned her head over to look at them. "We could always move if this marina won't be a good fit for storing the boat. Or we can find a different marina and buy a car instead of renting one."