4. Peace lily (unedited)

Bright sunlight crept through olive green curtains. They made their way to the whacked young man, disturbing his sleep.

He truly was tired not only physically but mentally too. All this years he was tired of running allthough he wasn't quite sure what is he running after. He made his mind that like all the inhabitants of this materialistic world, he was running after success and success meant money.

He never had a good night sleep running after the so called success. It amazes him that his king sized bed never provided him such a comfort and warmth that a uncomfortable sofa provided him.

He then knew success is peace of mind. It wasn't money he was running after it was this. Living a peaceful life. He thanked the little fairy that God had sent for him. If he had jumped off the building he would never know what he is actually missing out.

His semi-sleepy state was broken when the irritating sunlight was blocked due to something or may he say someone.

He lazily opened his eyes only to meet her hazel ones. Bright rays that once disturbed him was now sparkling off her smooth pale skin,it along with her monochrome white flowy dress making her look nothing less than an angel.

As for Siofra, she was dreading inside. Its not always she wakes upto seeing a Greek God sleeping peacefully on her sofa, with her on top of him. Just a thought about last night left pink stains on her already rosy cheeks.

Never in her whole life she had been this close to someone let alone a man, a tall intimidating man. Probably he could be her best friend she never had. But what if he didn't want to be her best friend? The thought sadden her.

However she manage to gather her messed up mind as she didn't had much time, she had to go to work.

"Uhh.. good morning. I hope you slept well, I know this is nothing compared to the king size comfy bed in your mansion. But dont worry you can sleep in my bedroom until we get an extra bed for the guest bedroom." She timidly said.

"You are wrong." Siofra almost fell after hearing his thick husky morning voice.

She could however let out a small "Huh?"

"I had the best sleep in my life, free from all worries just me, the cosy surrounding helped a lot. Its really calm and cosy in here."

Siofra let out a giggle to which Asvaldur looked confused.

"Yes! Its because of peace lily. Oh! And lavender and valerian. You see this plants." She said pointing three plants. "This are good for inducing sleep. So they did their job well." The little girl happily said.

It amazed Asvaldur seeing her. Every time he thought she couldn't get more amazing she did proof him wrong.

"Val?" It was enough for him to broke off from his thoughts. He stood there shocked.

"What did you say?" He asked.

"Uhh I thought that Asvaldur is quite a long name so I did cut short it to Val. I am sorry if you don't like it-"

"No! My mom used to call me that."

"Oh my god! I am so sorry Va--- I mean Asvaldur. I never knew. I will call you As--"

"No! I kinda like it. You can call me Val. Its just been ages someone called me that."

"Oh okay, if you say so." She muttered.

"So what are you doing early in morning? All dressed up." He asked.

"Oh sugar! I forgot! I have work. I need to leave now. I have prepared a heavy breakfast seeing that we didn't had food last night and I presume that you have long day ahead of you today."