Cannon Ball

A subterranean darkness covered by dust clouds. The scent of gunpowder is the only thing I can clearly make out.

(In his pursuit , he unknowingly became surrounded by Jackal's army of androids.)

Small blue flashes of light passed through the mechanical androids

In the midst of the battle, a voice called out to Nero, "Need some help?"

"I was told you work better with a sword..." Felix said as he handed Nero his katana before continuing" But I don't see how they'd be better in opponents such as these.

"Well I guess you're about to find out."

Steel white flashes encapsulated the air. The machines one by one torn apart cut cleanly. In Nero's hand was no longer a simple blade, but a blade powered by burning psychic energy.

As Felix continued shooting the many androids within the tunnel, he catches the sight of a railgun in the corner of his eye, held in the arms of the enemy as it was ready to fire.

"Get down!" Felix cried out as jumped towards Nero.

Nero gasped for a moment at the sight of the attack that was about to hit him before pushing Felix away.

"Get off me!"

"You're welcome." Felix dusted off the dirt.

They quickly stood up, returning to the battle.

Still surrounded by overwhelming force, they struggled in the battle. Needing to maintain and reserve their psychic power, the two continued to use the weapons in their hands.

Felix got close to Nero once more, shooting the android that snuck up behind him. He gave a sharp grin towards Nero, yet Nero gripped his gun and struck through the android behind Felix.

Neither of them could not stand each other's company, so they ran apart opposite to each other. Yet it was clear that they're teamwork was masterful.

Felix leapt above them, stepping on their heads and swiftly getting rid of them by pulling the trigger over their heads, while Nero ran past them, fiercely slicing through their core with his burning blade.

Yet Nero's overconfidence got the better of him.

The katana in his hand was flew through the air after he tried to push back the piercing blast of the railgun. Yet, as his blade was in the air, Felix quickly tossed one of his guns, Misery, towards him.

Felix reached for the blade as the enemy's bullets flew towards him. But as the air spun with the bullets turning, flashes of light suddenly cut through each of them. Felix turned forward, in his hand was a blade that radiated with unruly energy greater than that of Nero's.

His heart, not skipping a beat to the rhythm of the battle, immediately shot the android that controlled the monstrous railgun.

As many of the machines were quickly cleared out, Nero inspected one of the machines he cut off.

"Here, some ammo." He said to Felix, returning his gun.

"Doubt that'll work... I'll just use their guns. Besides, I think now might be the perfect time to practice what Isabelle taught me." Felix said, handing back his sword.

Blue bullets rained, while a burning red sword swiftly flew through the air.

Both the back and forth of Felix and Nero's steps complimented one another as they swiftly dispatched the machine army.

The gap in their psychic power was enormous, but as they fought together, their movements were like that of a well-oiled machine.

The auras of the two psychics quickly filled the tunnel as all of the androids were disposed of, leaving only a wreckage that emanated with the scent of metal, smoke and fire.