Finding A Friend in Need

Trigger Warning: Attempted Suicide

Tears quickly formed in Daichi's eyes as he hurried out of the room, and outside the hospital. His heart hurt, "It's my fault... it's my fault...Fuck Suga don't leave me!..."

He clenched one hand, and held the letter in the other as he ran back to the gym, where afternoon practice had already begun. As he ran into the court, almost every head in the room turned towards him... Asahi looked at Daichi before walking over, "Daichi, what's wrong?" Asahi looked down at the captain who couldn't make eye contact with anyone. "It's Suga...he-" He couldn't hold back the tears anymore, as he looked at Asahi and gave him the note.

Asahi read out the letter to the team before telling them to go home quickly. Most left with tears running down their face, others refused to believe it, but the letter spoke the truth, Suga was going to try and take his own life in the rose fields 7 blocks away from the gym.

With red puffy eyes, Daichi and Asahi got in a car and drove, faster then they probably should of, in hopes that by the time they got there, their friend would be alive.

"A-are we there?" Daichi asked quickly, looking out the window...the car coming to a stop on the curb, "yes now run!" Asahi yelled almost pushing his captain outside the car.

Daichi ran down the hill and into the rose fields below. His lungs burned along with his aching legs, but that wouldnt stop the captain from looking for his silver haired friend. "Suga! come on dont do it!", daichi tripped over and landed into the thorns. Come on daichi, get it together, Suga is here somewhere, you cant give up, not right now.

With tear filled eyes, Daichi got up and continued running through the rows of purple roses, hands rummaging through the bushes just incase Suga was hiding within one of them. Sadly he wasn't. The captain looked up once more, to see a silver image at the end of the row. "S-Suga?" Daichi studdered before the other male stumbled back under the tree, before collapsing onto the grass infront of him.

Sugawara's POV:

I sat underneath the big oak tree at the end of the row of roses. As i looked down into my bag, teardrops formed, rolling down my face, and landed along the sides of my schoolbag. I pushed my hands futher into it, searching its contents, or more accurately, looking for the knife i had stolen from the hospital.

After of couple of seconds, my fingers ran amongst a cold metal object, the object in question, that would ultimately end my life as short as it was.

I smiled as I looked up into the sky, "Daichi would of gotten the letter right now" I mumble to myself as I grab the knife and lay it in my lap. I took a deep breath, lifting the knife and plunging it into my stomach. I wanted to feel the suffering, the pain... the knife hurt, but I deserved it. Come on, more...you have to do more...
.
.
.
The voice in my head echoed the truth again, I had to do more...I...wanted to do more, I took the knife and made another incision. It hurt, more than I thought it would, but hey, I honestly deserved it, for bringing the team down, for not being supportive, for this disease.. I coughed more flowers, this time not trying to stop it, if this is how I die, I want it to be because of myself, not the flowers.

I stood up as the red liquid flowed from the cuts, down my legs, and onto the grass. I looked around before hearing a muffled voice, "Suga!" Was it? No it couldn't be...but it was. Daichi ran down the rows of roses, calling out my name frantically looking. He looked up at me, I stumbled towards him for a couple seconds before my legs gave out beneath me.

I coughed and laid down as my body began to go numb and motionless. This is it, I have done it, or almost. As my vision blurred, I saw what looked like not one but two blobs, talking, crying...then darkness and coldness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Is this it, is this what death felt like, it felt cold, and...lonely, seriously lonely. This is it, this is how it would end, Sugawara Koushi, died of knife wounds ,scratch that, self inflicted knife wounds. On the bright side, the team can continue with their lives, support each other, they can be in love, without worrying about me. I felt a bit bad, not about how I die, but who I thought I left behind, Hinata and the first years, Nishinoya and the rest of the crazy second years...and...Daichi, Asahi...my friends...