A Chance to Hold you Again

Sugawara's POV

Everything seemed dark and cold. As I looked around, I couldn't see anything, nothing other than my pale arms in front of me. Soon I heard a voice, followed by another. They seemed too familiar, "Daichi?....Daichi! I'm here I'm ok!". Only if I knew I wasn't ok, in fact I couldn't even move and other people couldn't hear me at all, not matter how hard I screamed.

I sat and listened to Daichi, how upset he sounded, actually it sounded like he was crying to Asahi. "Why did he have to do it Asahi...why did he want to..". I thought to myself for a while, "Daichi, I deserved it! I lo-" I cut myself off for a second "I love you, but you're not mine"  there I said it, only he couldn't hear me.

1 week later

Daichi's POV:

Its been Seven days since Suga tried to end his life, Seven days since he was put in a coma, Seven days....that I didn't have my best friend by my side. I sat down on his bed and looked at Sugawara, his hair was messy, his skin pale, and an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth to keep him stable. Before I could stop it, tears ran down my face, looking at him like this, it made me think about everything, me rejecting him and getting a girlfriend, how sad he looked, and the letter...the letter written in his words a couple minutes before I found him in the flower fields. "I'm so stupid Suga... I let you down, I let you do this to yourself...b-but...it's not all just me..you didn't tell me, your best friend! You were stupid enough to suffer in silence!" I didn't mean that, any of it, Suga isn't the stupid one here.

I wish he would just wake up, smiling that signature smile, I want it to all go away, pretend that it didn't happen... but... I can't. He will still have scars, and there will always be a part that will go back to the fields, how I help his limp body with Asahi, and got him to hospital. Nothing could possibly be how it was before. This is my fault, everything happened because of me, Suga got Hanahaki, because I rejected him. "I-I'm sorry Suga, please just wake up, if not for me, but for the team, your family"... I got up, took a staggered breath and walked out silently, allowing for other visitors and doctors to re - enter the room.

Sugawara's POV:

Within a couple of minutes, Daichi's voice disappeared again. I lay wondered when I'd be able to hear him again, to wake up and embrace him with a warm hug like we used to. The voice of the doctors and nurses started to rise as I listened, "Sugawara is stable now after his surgery, but we still predict a month and he will wake up again". A month? Another month of hearing without seeing. I sighed as I remained trapped in this cold lifeless chamber that I called a body...
.
.
.
.
.
.
Asahi's POV
Life at school was horrible by the minute, Without Suga, Daichi was running off with Yui more, leaving the rest of the Volleyball team an absolute mess... Some of us wondered if Daichi had left us, I mean you can't blame us, he never came, and never spoke to us anymore....kinda almost like loosing Suga hit a spot in his heart connecting himself and the team. I don't know anymore, but I homestly hope Suga wakes up, we can't live without him, daichi, can't live without him.

One Month Later:
3rd Person POV:

It had been one whole month since Suga was in a coma, and within this time, everyone around him had changed. Daichi only came to practice once a fortnight and became cold, and the rest of the team seemed distant, distant enough to only speak a couple of words to eachother unless they were dating etc. The month seemed like a year, a month of waiting, a month of trying, a month of...forgetting.
.
.
Suga's POV:

I twitched my finger as I yawned. Wait, I moved, I can move again!. The Doctor beside me sprung up and grabbed his phone before calling someone and hanging up again. My eyes opened and adjusted to the surroundings, a hospital, so white and clean. My stomach was sore as I sat up, but I didn't bother looking at the wounds, the only thing that would do, was open the floodgates again. I fixed my hair quickly before hearing pairs of footsteps towards the room, followed by the appearance of a short male with a blond streak, and a much taller one with his hair in a messy bun, it was Asahi and Nishinoya.

They ran towards me and pulled me in for a hug, it almost seemed a bit foreign, but I warmed up to it and hugged the two back, "Hey guys" my voice seemed raspy, but only due to the fact that I didn't talk for god knows how long. No words could describe how excited they were to see me, awake. The doctor walked into the room and looked at his clipboard, "Good news Sugawara, you seem healthy enough to go home, although you do have to engage in therapy for the remainder of the year". I smiled for the first time in a month. I could finally go back to doing what I loved, Volleyball or even better, receiving a hug from them all, even if it wasn't daichi.