An unfinished game.

Author's Perspective

Despair and disgust, drowned in one and surrounded by the other he stepped down the pedestal he was seated on.
The very first time he lost a case, it was just not disappointment that killed him but the guilt, the unworthiness he felt, the disgust he had for himself was immeasurable, it was not just anything but he lost respect for himself and there was nothing more left to it. Nobody needed him anymore and there was nothing more he aimed for. The only thing that left him breathing after the tragedy was the case, and now all the justice he could wish for was gone.

Looking down the railing that blocked his body from slipping off the bridge he sighed heavily with tears looking like pearls trickling down his face

Looking down the railing that blocked his body from slipping off the bridge he sighed heavily with tears looking like pearls trickling down his face. As the last bits of hope he had were crushed and his soul totally drowned in melancholy he softly whispered the words "sorry Taehyung" and without any further thoughts jumped off the bridge.

______________________________________

20th September 2020

Author's Perspective

The headlines of newspapers boomed with another tragic news causing dismay everywhere including the jurisdiction and other administrations.
With bold letters and utter of horror the newspaper read,

"Seoul's successful lawyer Seokjin Kim attempts suicide after losing his brother!! "

______________________________________

Namjoon's Perspective

Looking over the IV bottle, tears brimmed my eyes, it was a lot to take in, one after another, drowning in dismay I was going crazy at the scenario in front of me, all the machines attached to his almost lifeless body, the holter monitor tracking his heartrate. My breath hitching at every sudden increase or drop. Walking out of the medical room I headed over to the reception to fill in all the left over required forms.
______________________________________

~ 15 days later ~

It had been a fortnight to Seokjin's heartbreaking attempt of suicide, shuffling from one place to another, filling in forms, submitting in required amounts of bills, my life had turned into an emotionally and mentally tiring race with nowhere to turn back or give up.

Every day and night just wishing not to lose Jin, I had already lost all the tears my eyes held within, it was so heartbreaking that even the tears won't fall off, even the cries were not to be heard, but he was all i was left with after Taehyung.

Lost all the way in my thoughts, I was almost going to doze off when the door to our medical room cteaked open, staring with fury and rage in my eyes, I stood up hastily and, walked over to the doordoor,  eure burning with anger and hate I screamed, "Get the f*ck out of here! Get lost! " repeating the words over and over again and crying I fell down on my own knees sobbing in my arms continuously whispering the words again.
______________________________________

Y/N's Perspective.

Looking over to namjoon's trembling figure shaking and sobbing reminded me of myself crying by Jenna's hospital bed.

A tear trickled down my eyes looking at Jin's body connected to the machines.

"Don't you dare cry! You've got no rights to! This is all because of you! Sobbing here will just be cruel and heartless of you!", Namjoon screamed out those words right over to my face.

" I'm sor-" cutting my words he yelled over,

" Just shut the f*ck up can you?"

Looking down at the letter in my hands I slowly slid it into his hands and silently walked out of the medical room closing the door and bursting into tears.

"There is nothing to regret about, it's alright. " I heard a voice above my head.
Looking up to those bunny eyes I knew too well I cried more as Jungkook embraced me in a hug.
______________________________________

~ 2 years later ~

Looking over the newspapers of 2 years ago was no less heartbreaking even now.
Bold letters printing words like suicide, tragic death, and other hurtful news still filled me with guilt are regret.

Pain filled up my heart till the brim as I read the last newspaper cutting over and over again. The letters screamed " Famous lawyer passes away in hospital after suicide attempt! "

"You still regret fighting that case?"I heard a familiar voice blurt it out.

"No Jungkook I don't, fighting the case was never wrong, in fact it was a great decision" I replied in denial.

"Then? What makes you feel guilty over and over? " He asked out of curiosity

"Poisoning Taehyung, I still am guilty for it. "