Chapter 2: the book

When I entered the door of my tiny apartment, I set my bag down on the coffee table, kicked my boots off and flopped myself onto the couch.

Knowing the notebook was in my possession, i couldn't help but feel curious to check it out. I mean, it wouldn't be wrong for me to check to see if his address or his name would be in there, so I could return the book to him, right? I opened up my book bag and pulled out the notebook.

"I'm just checking for ID, nothing more, nothing less." I tell myself sternly. I take a deep breath and open the book to the first page. Of course to my suspicion it had some basic info written on it.

It had his name, address, and phone number all written down in plain sight. "Kurt Cobain.." I read aloud to myself. Finally I knew the boys name! I decided to give the number a call to see if he or someone else would pick up, to my shock, I heard not a guys voice, but a women's voice pick up on the other line.

"Hello?" She sweetly answered. "Hi.. Uh is.. Kurt there?" I said a little uneasy. "Uhm.. no, he just moved out a couple weeks ago. This is his mother, may I ask who's speaking?" She answered with concern in her voice. "Oh.. Uhm.. sorry to bother you Mrs.Cobain.. My names Alex.. I think I found your sons notebook at the bus stop.. It had this number written on it so I thought I'd give it a call to see if I could return it to him." I hesitated. "Oh how sweet of you! Thank you so much! I'll give him your number and tell him you called!" She cheerfully says. "It's no problem!" I reply. We then exchange our goodbyes.

Later the next day, While I was asleep on the couch in the living room, I heard the phone ring, which scared the shit out of me, making me fall off the couch. "Shit!" I yell, dragging my body upwards, forcing me to find my way to the phone.

"Hello?" I struggle to say. "Hey Alex it's Samantha, get your ass over here!" My cousin Samantha shrieks. "Why what's going on?" I say suddenly waking up a bit more. "A huge ass party, that's whats going on!" She says as I start to hear people in the background. "Samantha, you know I don't like going to these parties.." I sigh. "Come on, just think about it, the doors always open!!" She yells into the phone trying to voice over the growing sound of the crowd. "I'll think about it.." I sigh hanging up the phone. I sat for a moment thinking about it, but ended forced myself to go to the bathroom to get ready.