Chapter 2

My apologies for the short first chapters. I didn't want to force stuff in to make it around 1000 words so you guys will have to make do with this for now. But I promise you they will go back to their regular length soon. That being said, enjoy!

Slam

"Hey Mar! Got the generaOH MY COD YOUR HAND"

Marina set the umbrella down, left hand bleeding ink but still weakly clutching the radio as she grabbed it with her good hand and tossed it at the couch. Agent 8 walked out from the kitchen, half eaten brownie in hand as she stared at the scene. The lights were still off and pearl was holding a flashlight, marina hardly noticing as she ran to her room, digging through her drawer after struggling to open it.

"Mar you need to-"

"Pearl where's my laptop"

"Mar you really should-"

"Pearl I need my laptop-"

"MARINA!"

The octoling stopped, turned around, and looked down at her wife who had the first aid kit in her hands. "Take a deep breath, calm down, your hand is bleeding so let's fix that, and then you can tell me what's up, ok?" She sighed, nodding and leaving the room, sitting on the couch as pearl began to bandage her hand, holding the flashlight in her mouth. It blinded her for a few seconds but pearl quickly moved so it was pointing away. Eight walked towards them and plopped herself next to marina, picking up the device she chucked.

"Radio?" The magenta octoling questioned, examining it. Marina nodded. "Mhm, it's a radio." The inkling finished bandaging her up rather quickly, taking the flashlight out of her mouth and leaning against Marina's shoulder, the girl wrapping an arm around her. "Isn't that what we used to communicate with the old man and eight?" Pearl asked, squinting at it. The octoling nodded, trying to collect her thoughts and rush of emotions. "I went to mount nantai, and I found it where we left it. But there was noise coming from it!"

That got both of their attention as they both sat up at the same time, eight's expression morphing into one of nervousness. "But that shouldn't be happening right?" Marina shook her head. "No, but, I actually recognized what I was hearing!"

The taller octoling stood up, staring at the radio, then at the other two with an overjoyed expression. "It was one of my friends. From back in the octarian army. I heard their voice, it was a song she used to sing!"

"Wait, whoa really??" Pearl stood up too, grinning. "Mar! That's- oh my cod!!" Eight gasped, smiling as well. "Do think your friend heard the calamari inkantation too??"

Marina paused, thinking about it. "Maybe! I mean, she wasn't there when it happened. She actually disappeared a while before that happened." She frowned at the memories. Of what she could of done. No, there was no point thinking of the past. It wasn't her fault, she couldn't of stopped Mizuta from disappearing. She had to be optimistic. "But, maybe this means wherever she went, she broke free! And she's ok, and that was her trying to contact someone! So I need my computer, we gotta get the radio and metro data set up, we might be able to find her!"

Pearl nodded, pointing at marina. "Don't push it though 'Rina, you got a nasty rain burn from whatever you did on Nantai. I'll grab your stuff, Eight I'll teach you how to help set things up. Let's find your friend!!"

"Booyah!!" Eight cheered, rushing into Marina's room with Pearl eagerly following. It made marina so incredibly happy to know that they were willing to help right away. Sitting down, an idea popped into her head.

8 only went through the test chambers of the metro. But they did know someone else who went through the other sections.

Sitting on the couch, Marina pulled out her phone. Before pressing the call button on a certain contact, She dug into her back pocket, staring at the golden locket from it, and opening it up to smile at the little hand drawn picture.

I'll find you Ahato.

She pressed call.

Please pick up please pick up please pick up.

There was a small beep, and what sounded like the end of a yawn. "Hello?"

"Three, are you busy? I need your help, It's urgent."