VIII

Ron Marley woke up with a massive headache. His body felt weak/fucked up and he could smell a certain scent, as if he were in a... oil factory.

The scent reminded him of old areas in the hood. He forcefully opened his eyes, just to see two men standing in front of him. One was taller and buffer than the other guy, but it didn't fool him. The other one could be just as dangerous as him.

I will kill them!, He internally cursed and kept his eyes narrowed.

"Good day, Marley." The taller and more psychotic looking dude grinned. "Did you sleep well?"

The other man shot him a look. "Seriously now?"

"Pshhh~ Don't ruin it!" The psychopath looking guy laughed.

What the fuck is wrong with these assholes!?, Marley thought and gulped as he kept his eyes on them. He didn't want to admit it but something about that broad male frightened him.

"How do you know my name?" Marley managed to ask.

"We are asking the questions here, Merily!" Jack unintentionally said his name out wrong, causing his brother to laugh.

"His name is Merley!" Heady corrected him.

Sons of bitches!, The old man squinted his eyes at them.

"It's Marley!" He growled, causing them to look at him. Their stares could instantly kill him, causing him to gulp hard. "S-Shit! What do you want from me!?"

"Jillian Cortez." Jack glared and stepped closer.

Fuck!, Marley felt anxious just by looking at him. "I don't know anyone... by that name-"

Bullcrap!, Heady didn't have time to play back-and-forth. Grabbing him by the hair he forces him to look into his grey eyes, causing him to wince in pain. "Look at me, Marlin. Do I look like a man you can fool?"

Marley could smell the danger close to him as he stared into his eyes. It takes him a second to realize to who he is talking to. The words came out as whispers in his mouth. "The shadow."

Wait who?, Jack shot his brother a look. "Who?"

The psychopath smirked in an amused way as he kept his tight grip around Marley's curly dark hair. "Looks like you know me."

"Have you two met before?" Jack raised his eyebrow in confusion as he stared at the men.

Marley gulped, internally praying already. "Y-You are the well known killer. You kill with no mercy... N-Never let one men live and always disappear like the shadows in the night..."

"Bingo!" Heady was amused by the fright in his face and couldn't help but laugh. "Now, tell me everything you know. If you want to live."

The FBI agent was impressed with how easily his brother made people ramble useful informations down like a waterfall.

"I w-was told to wait for you and my men! W-We don't know who he is and w-where he is n-now! H-He is a ... c-cruel man who is Boss' right-hand!" The poor old man muttered.

"What is he doing with the illegal and legal substances?" Jack questioned as he thought about it.

Marley ignored him on purpose, causing Heady to raise his eyebrows. "He asked you a question."

The man just gave Jack a look. "I'm not telling him anything."

"Why?"

"He looks like a lawyer who will put me to jail. The jail is for losers. I'd rather die in your hands than spit shit at him." The man admitted.