Chapter 4

Today was great for me. I made a new friend and now I know to steer clear away from my incredibly, handsome, sexy boss. Woah. That's gonna be hard. I just need a nice, solid 6 hours of sleep and I'll be good for tomorrow. But the thing is I can't go to sleep because every time I close my eyes. I dream about my boss...

I need food.

**********************

*BEEP, BEEP, BEEP*

Why! Why did I set my alarm for 6 o'clock? Oh yeah. I have a job to go to. But I only got 3 hours of sleep. I guess that's what I get for staying up late watching Dragon Ball Z. Yes, I am a 25 year old black woman, who still watches Dragon Ball Z. Don't don't judge me.

Ross POV

*Last Night*

"That new girl is going to be trouble. I just know it."

"Oh is she," I said with a smile," how do you figure that?"

"She's rude, she doesn't know her place, and if I bet on it. She'd probably wants to sleep with you." More like the other way around.

I walked over to Star and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"You have nothing to worry about. I only have eyes for you." That's a lie. I've cheated on her multiple times in our relationship, and she's caught me in the actress a couple of times, but I know she'll never leave because she's not going to give up the luxurious lifestyle thay comes with being with me. Also, she's probably cheated on me as well, probably to make me jealous, but I couldn't care less. I didn't even want to marry her in the first place. But when I look at Maliyah, there is something that draws me to her. She's not like any of the other girls that I have encountered in the past and I will find out what it is and I will do anything to get her into my bed.

"Now let me show you how much I love you. Maybe that will soothe your doubts."

*Last Night Over*

Ross' POV

Okay, maybe my plan to get Star off my back backfired. Instead of her doing what she usually does and leaves to go shopping or somewhere else during the day. She's staying home with me when I work from home. She has been on me like velcro. I guess she's still doubtful, which she should be. But I wouldn't think my wife would figure that out. Whatever my wife's plan is, it's working because every time I try to talk or even try to see Maliyah. My wife pops up and Maliyah is gone the next second. It's torturing not to see her or even talk to her. She's like a ghost now. She's there but you can't see her.

I heard a scream and the sound of a crash come from upstairs. I ran to the second floor immediately. I come to find Maliyah on the floor picking up glass.

"Let me help you with that." I close the door to the office and lean down to help her.

"It's nothing, I can't handle it." I moved her hand out of the way, then she pushed mine back. I heard a gasp that sent shivers down my spine, but, my mind instantly cleared of those thoughts once I saw Maliyah holding her bleeding hand.

"Shit, what have I done." I grabbed some tissues off the side of my desk and wrapped it around her hand.

"It's nothing but a scratch. You don't have to do this. It's my fault." She pulled her hand away from my grasp, but I pulled it back and heard her wince.

"Why won't you let me help you."

She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it. What she couldn't say was expressed in her eyes. She closed them and I was cut off from seeing how she truly felt. I looked at her delicate face and at that moment I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I leaned in for the kiss. She leaned back at first, but then started to accept me. She had her hair up in a ponytail. I had to take it down and feel those soft waves. I ran my hands through her hair and she moaned. I took my hand out of her hair and traced her collarbone, letting her sleeve slip from her shoulder.

I was going to pull it all the way off when Star walked in. If only it went a little farther so I could see more.

"What are you doing? I knew you were whoring around with that slut." she screeched. Maliyah was about to say something back when I got in front of her to stop her.

"I was helping Maliyah because she cut her hand."

"She'll be fine, it's not like she's going to die from a little cut." She rolled her eyes and then gasped.

"What?" I said picking up the glass.

"That was my grandmother's vase, you bitch, you broke it! That was the last thing I had to remember her by."

"She didn't break it, I did. Star get over yourself, you  never really liked that vase and your grandmother is still alive, her birthday was last month, and don't call Maliyah a bitch. I won't tolerate any form of disrespectful behavior towards my staff."

"Oh cut the bull Ross. When have you ever started caring for your staff."

"There wasn't a need to care because you never did  anything until now. "

"Only because she made me."

"She doesn't even talk to you, let alone make you do anything. Now, unless you're going to help clean up this glass I suggest you leave."

"I was just leaving anyway. I wouldn't want to mess up this manicure." I shook my head as I thought about how I got stuck with such an infuriating woman like Star.

"I think I should leave too." I perked up at that.

"No. You didn't do anything wrong."

"I broke the vase, you took the blame. I don't want you to get in trouble with your wife."

"Star doesn't have any power over me. She'll say something, but she won't do anything." I stared at her beautiful chocolate eyes. Oh, how I wish she was mine.

"It doesn't matter. That's still your wife, and is technically my boss. I do have to see her everyday amd it should be best if I don't have to walk past her, with her trying to kill me with her stares."

"She is not your boss. I am, and I can keep you here, Star can't do anything. If she does anything that makes you uncomfortable, you tell me. "

"I don't think that's a good idea." She whispered.

"Maliyah I promise you-,"

"I need to leave. I'll send another maid to clean it up." When she walked out I saw how her ass swayed in her outfit. Ugh. I need a shower.