Chapter 5

Maliyah POV
No. No. No. This CANNOT happen. We cannot be together. He's married and I doubt he would leave his wife for me. I'm just the help. I mean he has fucked most of them but I'm not gonna end up like them...waiting for a man that doesn't want you.

Tara came from some room that she was cleaning and ran straight for me.

"What was that loud crash."

"You're a little late T. But while I was cleaning Mr. Claymore's office I knocked over what was apparently Star's supposedly dead grandmother's vase."

"What happened next."

"What do you mean what happened next. Nothing happened." Hopefully she doesn't make me spill about what happened with Ross.

"Now you know if anything has to do with Star, Ross is somewhere in it too. Spill."

"Well, we kinda kissed." I said in a low whisper.

"You what?"

"We kissed." The next thing I knew Tara was jumping up and down yelling. I had to hit her in the arm to get her hyper ass to simmer down.

"OW!" What was that for." She started to rub her arm.

"Because your too damn loud and I don't want the whole friggin house to know. Let alone his wife, cause lord knows she has got it in for me."

"Ok. I'll quiet down." She still had a big grin on her face and I couldn't resist smiling and squealing myself.

"I need you to do me a favor though."

"Anything!"

"I need you to go upstairs and clean up the mess that I was supposed to but got distracted by Ross."

"I wonder if I can smell the romance in the air. I mean I know I said don't get involved with him, but this is just too much gossip to pass up." I hit her on top of her head as she left.

"So damn violent," she whispered as she walked away.

*****************
Ross and I didn't speak for the rest of the day. Mostly because his wife was acting like a stalker. I have never seen a woman so protective over her husband. Then again he has cheated on her with several people and she lets it happen. I would've divorced his ass and fired his mistresses on the spot. She probably hasn't done anything as long as she has his money, or she let's herself believe that he still loves her 'cause she keeps coming back.

I haven't seen Ross or his wife after the "lip incident" and I'm happy. Now I can go home and sleep the drama off.

"Where do you think you're going?" Star's voiced boomed from the steps.

"Home." I gave her a WTF look.

"No your not. I need you to do something for me."

"My shift ended 10 minutes ago. It's time for me to leave. I'm sure whatever you need me to do can wait 'till tomorrow." Star descended down the stairs like a cheetah. Lord knows how in her 6 inch heels.

"No it can't wait. Everybody else has left and I have no one else to watch my niece when she comes tonight."

"Why can't you do it?"

"I have errands to run." If by errands you mean working the corner then by all means go ahead.

"Fine. Okay. What about Mr. Claymore?"

"He'll be back later." Is it too late to change my mind. I feel like this is a trick to test me.

"Where are you going?" She gave me a hard look. "Nobody likes a nosy little girls." I am not some nosy little girl. You're just one old bitch. Oh, how I wish I could tell her off.