7.

hey guys please read over the triggers for this book in the beginning note !! theyve changed a bit bcoz i want to have a part that is focused on tommys exile arc but from ghostburs pov (also tommys and others at points) :) and also sorry for the lack of updates i havent rlly been motivated to write anything..idk if i like this chapter its been sitting in my drafts for a while

the ghost walked haphazardly around the area surrounding lmanberg. he wanted to explore more. maybe it could jog his memory. the sun was shining and the clouds were a pearly white. they reminded ghostbur of cotton candy which put a smile on his face. he loved the way the trees swayed in the wind. how the grass was green and flowers had grown in the field, now scattered everywhere. it was a beautiful sight to see. he had learnt to admire and appreciate nature more after his death.

he comes to a stop as he sees someone also wandering the area. no one else really had a need to explore as they'd all been here for a while. maybe this person wasnt from here? a new person maybe? that means they wouldn't know him..he could have a fresh start! but what if its someone from lmanberg that hates him...ghostbur was having a good day and didn't want to go through that horrid pain again. just thinking about him makes a cold shiver run down his spine. the person was admiring the trees as they danced in the wind and seemed to be blissfully unaware of their surroundings.

ghostbur sighed. he knew the best thing to do would be to go up to them. he should probably tell as many people of his presence as he could. he didn't want to freak anyone out. and so reluctantly he made his way over to the person and braced himself for whatever was about to happen, which seemed to be a thing he did a lot recently. the ghost was always scared of having to suddenly remember something that would agonise him. he could never handle the pain it was just always too much for the ghost and drained all the energy out of him.

hesitantly, he spoke up to grab the persons attention. "hello?..." his words came out quiet and his voice was hoarse and shaky as usual. he smiled warily at the unknown individual. the man stopped in his tracks and turned around to face the ghost. ghostbur scanned the persons face and he seemed extremely familiar. but he frowned as their eyes widened, but unlike there wasn't just shock and fear in his eyes. there was anger. a strong hatred for the ghost more than anyone else he had met so far.

"w-what the..y-you..i guess niki and tubbo weren't messing with me huh.." the man asked with a hint of wariness in his voice as he stepped slowly away from the ghost.

the ghost looked at the man. they seemed familiar, like most people here, but he couldn't remember him. he had a fox-like appearance, a hat covering his ears that were slightly sticking out. he wore a black jacket with gold buttons and black jeans that matched. there was a hole in the back of his jeans so his fluffy orange tail could stick out. the boy just seemed extremely familiar to ghostbur. it always frustrated him when he couldn't remember who anyone was.

the ghost snapped out of his thoughts when he realised the fox-like man was staring at him, confusion plastered all over his face, his eyebrows raised and his head tilted. he always hated having to tell people he couldn't remember them, he had to prepare himself for the varying reactions people had. he just hoped the man never lashed out on the poor ghost.

"u-uhm..who are y-you? i-i dont have the best memory i-i can't remember much.." ghostbur looked to his feet, not wanting to look at the man in the eyes. he felt terrible. he felt so bad every time he had to say these words. there was a pregnant silence after the words left his mouth. the ghost felt slightly uncomfortable as no one spoke a word.

suddenly the ghost flinched as he was grabbed by the shoulders. his head snapped to look up at the boy who was staring directly into his eyes. a look the ghost couldn't describe. desperation? hope? fear? anger?. whatever it was it scared him. he could feel the man's hands shaking and his grasp on the ghosts shoulders tightening.