Your Whole Self

Summary: It's been a while since graduation, but Kylo Ren isn't finished with you just yet.

It had been two weeks since graduation and a lot of things had happened since. You began your new job as a triage nurse at the stormtrooper hub on Starkiller. You moved from your dorm room into your new assigned living quarters, which consisted of a one room apartment with a tiny bathroom and a pitiful kitchen. You were no longer just an aspiring student, you were now a member of the elite First Order, something you had been striving for since you were a child. Everything seemed to be coming together, and you felt you deserved the break from craziness after the mishap at graduation, which, even though you'd like to deny it, you still turned over in your head every night before you fall asleep.

You ensured, whether out of spite or fear, you had clocks visible in every room of your quarters. You wanted to take every precaution you possibly could in order to eliminate any chance of another interaction like that with Kylo Ren. Just remembering the vibrations his voice sent off through his mask poured shivers and anxiety through you. Every bone in your body rejected the idea of ever being that close to him ever again, feeling like they'd disintegrate under the pressure he seemed to envelop them in.

You shook your head out of its reverie and threw your hair up in a quick ponytail. You straightened your scrubs out and made sure you had your badge on your collar before heading out of your door. You turned around to lock your door with your keycard and checked the watch on your wrist while doing so.

Right on time. You smiled at your private defiance of your Commander and skipped through the hallways to the elevators. You never had to worry about having any other fellow base members join you in your ride, your shift started before the sun came up, so you automatically had to wake up at least two hours before the normal base workers, leaving you with a peaceful journey to work. Except today.

As you pressed the button for the first floor and the doors began to close, your line of vision was slammed with a black storm. It seemed as if a tornado had entered the elevator, and after you realized the truth, you wished it had.

Your heart stilled as your eyes fell down Kylo Ren's massive frame, composed of wide shoulders, strong arms, and thick, muscular legs. You assumed on the legs given they were mostly hidden by his robes. Air had evaporated from your surroundings, his presence sucking all the oxygen out of the room. Your eyes, instinctively, fell to the floor, not wanting any interaction with him that meant more than simply sharing an elevator. Out of the corner of your eye, you could feel him staring into you, feel his penetrating gaze sweeping over your figure. Hot, red flames licked at your neck and cheeks, even your upper arms. You saw a slight twitch of his hand and the elevator came to a screeching halt.

Your ears rang, adrenaline kicking in as your heart began to pound in your chest, surely audible at this point. You pressed your back against the side wall and brought your gaze up to his. He was studying you. You tried to seem as intimidating as possible, but the heat in your face was hindering your performance. Your breath caught and you heard the slightest fragment of a chuckle emanate through his mask.

He took a step forward and closed the space between you. You could feel the heat rolling off of his body, see the rise and fall of his chest. He tilted his head and reached forward, plucking your badge reel off of your collar. For the second time, he rolled your name off of his tongue like it was dripping honey. His modified voice making it seem more ominous than, you hoped, he'd intended. He let your badge fly back into place and his hand drifted up to your neck, where he held it there for a moment, head lifting to see your reaction to this – which, to your surprise, you'd been like a statue this whole time – and pressed down only slightly.