A Physical Reminder

Summary: It's decided: today is the worst day to have ever existed, and it just won't end.

WARNINGS: Dubcon, Ruined orgasm, Torture, Body Mod, Semi-graphic descriptions of violence.

Stark was the contrast from this trip on the Command Shuttle from the earlier one; there was a silent alarm coursing between all that remained boarded, those who were instructed to stay put and keep the ship running so a swift escape could be made if circumstances changed. Four stormtroopers and a stand-in pilot remained with you, two men standing guard inside, two stationed at the ramp out of sight, the pilot pressing a code of buttons you didn't have the knowledge to care about.

Sounds of battle tore into the ship, the harsh knowledge that destruction was ripping through whatever planet you were on making your chest tighter with each unknown boom or crash. The surroundings were new, though, too much foliage and scenery visible through the crimson transparisteel to be mistaken as Jakku. Taking into consideration the wooziness you'd experienced per seeing this morning's escapades, saliva vacating your mouth at the memory of the man painted in orange fatality, you figured it would be a smarter decision to stay strapped in. This kept you from seeing the demolition ringing around you, but through the fury pigment of the windshield you saw the raw reality of crashing structures and fleeing crowds. With every scream, not knowing if they were those of the enemy – though that word meant little, if anything, at this point, your greatest foe being your very own Supreme Leader – or not, you shuddered into yourself, eyes kept strictly on your shoes while you attempted to tune it all out.

As war raged on you found yourself, once again, with too much time. Too much solitude. There was barely an effort made to keep yourself from thinking of Kylo, conflicted further with each digital reminder that time was passing too quickly. The nap you'd been woken from twenty minutes ago felt like a waste of the valuable resource. Though you knew he would have left no matter if you'd rested or not, you still felt guilty in taking a moment of peace; today was your last day with him and Snoke's grip frayed your nerves further with each second, turmoil pooling into frigid pits while you tried to make every moment count.

While Kylo was away you found yourself watching your radar, the tip of your right index finger caressing the delicate face, tracing gently over his whereabouts. In the face of losing him you'd taken a new liking to the tech, feeling an interconnectedness even when you couldn't see him. In some way it was a reminder that you still had around fifteen hours before you'd lose him, a tangible symbol of your dwindling hope, each patterned flash between the hours and seconds working to dim your outlook.

Far away a cascade of blaster firings sounded, tongue locking between your teeth as you strayed from imagining the lives involved. Even surrounded by catastrophe one thought was coarse in its existence as you analyzed every interaction you'd shared with Kylo this morning; after he'd told you to get dressed and ready to go, you expected, however naïvely, that he'd wait for you to gather yourself. A part of you withered when you heard the elevator leave not a second after you'd crawled out from his covers. You knew he was unaware of how crippling time was right now, but the mindless act sunk into your bones, a sucker punch to your already fracturing heart.

"So you actually saw the escape?" One of the stormtroopers spoke, regarding the one opposite him. They had been speaking for a while but only now did their conversation interest you.

"Yeah." the second white-armored guard shifted in his stance. Though you could only see his boots you knew that this gave him pride. "One second I was just manning my station and then this TIE goes off the rails, pulling on its docking chain like I'd never seen.

"And it's been confirmed that Ren's prisoner was the one who stole it?"

"Ha, yeah, but the real story is how he even got the chance."